R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Police's "Synchronicity ( Dave Collins and Bob Ludwig)  (Read 14647 times)

Alécio Costa - Brazil

The Police's "Synchronicity ( Dave Collins and Bob Ludwig)
« on: July 19, 2005, 03:55:19 PM »

Hi,
I have just purchased a copy of the re-mastering of The Police's Synchronicity, with a date of December 2002 by Bob Ludwig.
DC, I saw at your site the pic of this album. What has changed between the 2 masters, besides "Level"?
Thanks in advance
Alécio Costa Studio
High-end Mastering, Music Production
http://www.aleciocosta.com

Listen to my album at:
http://www.audiostreet.net/aleciocosta

MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/aleciocostamasterizacao

dcollins

Re: The Police´s "Synchronicity ( DC Collins and Bob Ludwig)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 07:27:32 PM »

Al

lucey

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 10:45:11 AM »

dcollins wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 18:27

Al
Brian Lucey
Magic Garden Mastering

"the economy is a wholly owned subsidiary of the ecology" - unknown

jfrigo

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 05:42:46 PM »

lucey wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 07:45

A more subtle approach could be seen as "respecting other MEs", but it's not that personal ... it's about respecting the sonic identity of the work that's already well established by the other MEs work and years of listening by millions.

I think it's more about respecting the artist's vision, not necessarily the other mastering engineer. Assuming the artist or producer was involved in the original, but not the remaster, you would have to assume the artist's vision was represented in the original. In the case of the earlier Police albums, the artist's vision is probably contained in the vinyl and the CDs were likely essentially "re-issues" when labels started porting catalogs to compact disc. In this case, if the original artist or producer isn't available, I'd probably reference the vinyl before a remastering gig for a classic album. It's not necessary to copy it, bringing nothing new to the table; however, listening to the original master certainly should give you an idea what the creative intent was so that you don't trample on the artist's original ideas while pursuing your own new ideas.

lucey

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 01:39:07 AM »

jfrigo wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 16:42

In the case of the earlier Police albums, the artist's vision is probably contained in the vinyl and the CDs were likely essentially "re-issues" when labels started porting catalogs to compact disc.

good point
Brian Lucey
Magic Garden Mastering

RickyB

Re: The Police's "Synchronicity ( Dave Collins and Bob Ludwig)
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 03:26:46 PM »

Interesting. I'm not a mastering eng., but, I would think that re-mastering a classic record should be done in a way that resembles the original as much as possible. I've read that when mastering to vinyl way back, the vinyl medium would add low end, so the master 'tapes' were light on the low end to compensate. This would mean that re-doing off of the Master tape (without the compensation) would result in a 'Where's the bass' result. This seems to be the problem with the Beatles catalog, compared to Vinyl.

Maybe you guys know all of this, of course.

Peace,

RickyB

Allen Corneau

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 03:36:34 PM »

RickyB wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 14:26

Interesting. I'm not a mastering eng., but, I would think that re-mastering a classic record should be done in a way that resembles the original as much as possible.

Well then, why remaster it at all?  Confused

I'm guessing that remastering happens for a specific reason; either because a new delivery medium can better present the intended end result -OR- to give a new perspective on the material.

Any other ideas why we would remaster a project?
Allen
---
Allen Corneau
Mastering Engineer
Essential Sound Mastering
www.esmastering.com

lucey

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 04:14:45 PM »

Allen Corneau wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 14:36

Any other ideas why we would remaster a (as in ANY)  project?

Better converters in 2005 than 1985.

Thin low end on the first master.

Sales. "Digitally remastered" "Box set" etc.
Brian Lucey
Magic Garden Mastering

turtletone

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 11:39:19 PM »

lucey wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 16:14

I think I'm going to puke. Where does a guy with 1 credit to his name get off telling someone how a record done before he was old enough to not pee on the seat should sound? do you not have any shame? respect?
Michael Fossenkemper
TurtleTone Studio
info@turtletonestudio.com
www.turtletonestudio.com

Ronny

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 06:02:24 AM »

Back to the question. Reasons for remastering a classic:

1. The owner of the recording has new ideas or he just wasn't ever really satisfied long ago.
2. The music recording or publishing rights changed hands, not a rare occurence.
3. Remaster for a more diverse media formatted audience than it was when it was originally released. This could involve several remastered versions and continue in the future as media formats and players advance and new ones are added.
4. Remaster for the differences in broadcast procedures between present day and when the original was released.
5. Remaster for continental requirements. It may be that it's going to be released in a new market and needs a few changes.
6. Remaster for more cohesian on an audio compliation with other artists.
7. Remaster because it was finally chosen for film soundtrack.
8. Remaster because editing is better and cheaper these days and a good job "can make some classic recordings sound better".
9. Remaster to bring the noise floor down and the perceived gain up to more current standards. Let's hope not default smash, but regardess that's a prime reason a label would remaster a classic. 3 more dB just so you can barely hear it when it's played next to King Creed and the Californicators.
10. Remaster to generate new sales and news copy. Hey Joe, did you get the new remastered version of Sgt. Peppers LHCB, yet? Rolling Stone said it was the bomb.  

There are are just about as many reasons to remaster a classic as there are remastered classics these days.
------Ronny Morris - Digitak Mastering------
---------http://digitakmastering.com---------
----------Powered By Experience-------------
-------------Driven To Perfection---------------

chrisj

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2005, 10:19:12 AM »

TurtleTone wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 23:39

I think I'm going to puke. Where does a guy with 1 credit to his name get off telling someone how a record done before he was old enough to not pee on the seat should sound? do you not have any shame? respect?

Yeah, but is he right? I'm a lot more interested in whether he is right than whether he's entitled to have the opinion. Everybody has opinions, and I ignore a lot of them... I don't get mad at people for having them.

chrisj

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2005, 10:23:30 AM »

Anyway, what I've been wanting to know all this time is- did DC do my vinyl Police records? I don't have the CDs, old or new.

TotalSonic

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2005, 11:08:23 AM »

chrisj wrote on Sat, 23 July 2005 15:23

Anyway, what I've been wanting to know all this time is- did DC do my vinyl Police records? I don't have the CDs, old or new.

Good question.  

DC - would you forward the master tapes to a cutting engineer or were you running the lathe yourself a lot of the time?  
(from my understanding a seperate cutting engineer working off of pre-mastered tapes was not uncommon then - i.e. Don Grossinger actually did the cutting for a ton of the stuff that Bob Ludwig mastered at Masterdisk).

Any recollections on what you used for this release or what your general work flow was like for the A&M stuff "back in the day"?

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Jerry Tubb

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2005, 08:32:04 PM »

TotalSonic wrote on Sat, 23 July 2005 10:08

Any recollections on what you used for this release or what your general work flow was like for the A&M stuff "back in the day"?

Yeah DC anything you can share with us about this great Police record would great fun to read.

Did you do the vinyl, the first CD release, or both?

Hopefully your memory hasn't gotten foggy like mine !  Very Happy
Terra Nova Mastering
Celebrating 20 years of Mastering!

dcollins

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2005, 10:54:32 PM »

TotalSonic wrote on Sat, 23 July 2005 08:08

No idea about the original LP releases, but I did master the first CD box set (Message in a Box) as well as other Sting and Police projects.

As far as the chain, the first three records were 1/4" 15 (of course).  Repro would have been an ATR-100, bypassing the I/O module,  but otherwise stock and in good condition, then to an early two band Davelizer, or perhaps an API 550a.  I think I also had some Hycor's but I can't remember.  No actual console, just XLR's.  

That would feed an UltraAnalog "20" bit A/D converter then to a Yamaha DMC-1000 console and into the bear skin and stone tools version of Sonic Solutions.

For the last two records that were mixed digitally to the JVC system, I'm pretty sure I ran an all digital signal path with just a teeny bit of eq on the Yamaha console.

And yes, I had the LP's available for comparison....

DC

K-dub

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2005, 11:22:49 PM »

Quote:

I think I'm going to puke.

It's always okay to disagree, but can't such disagreements be framed in a more respectable tone? These are snarl words. They're unnecessary and do nothing to create an environment of civil discord.

Maybe the attempt could be made to phrase rebuttals more lightly without such stinging rebuke? Would not getting a point across w/o attempting to be insulting be, perhaps, a better alternative in order to foster free and open dialogue?

(Just a general reminder that words can unnecessarily hurt; please phrase w/ caution.)

Best,

Kev.

(Leaving now ... soapbox under arm ... exit stage left)
Full length song tracks from "Long Days Passing Fast", my recent release, can now be listened to at KevinWhiteMusic.com

turtletone

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2005, 09:06:06 AM »

K-dub wrote on Sat, 23 July 2005 23:22

Quote:

I think I'm going to puke.

It's always okay to disagree, but can't such disagreements be framed in a more respectable tone? These are snarl words. They're unnecessary and do nothing to create an environment of civil discord.

Maybe the attempt could be made to phrase rebuttals more lightly without such stinging rebuke? Would not getting a point across w/o attempting to be insulting be, perhaps, a better alternative in order to foster free and open dialogue?

(Just a general reminder that words can unnecessarily hurt; please phrase w/ caution.)

Best,

Kev.

(Leaving now ... soapbox under arm ... exit stage left)

Yes, that would be true if it were someone else.
Michael Fossenkemper
TurtleTone Studio
www.turtletonestudio.com

K-dub

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2005, 09:21:08 AM »

I'm sorry, Michael. Those words were the catalyst of my comments, but I tried to use the recent example solely to make a global point. I truly meant nothing direct or personal by it. My apologies if it appeared that way...perhaps I should have used a different approach.

On a tangent...

I went to your site and viewed your studio. What an awesome setup you have! Who did the interior design? Very unique.

(Pardon to all for the off topic sidebar.)

Best-

Kev.  
Full length song tracks from "Long Days Passing Fast", my recent release, can now be listened to at KevinWhiteMusic.com

turtletone

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2005, 09:37:39 AM »

I did all of the work in the room. I got sick of looking at studio grey and wanted as much color I could find.
Michael Fossenkemper
TurtleTone Studio
www.turtletonestudio.com

Tomás Mulcahy

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2005, 10:26:20 AM »

RickyB wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 20:26

Master tape (without the compensation) would result in a 'Where's the bass' result. This seems to be the problem with the Beatles catalog, compared to Vinyl.

It's very hard to find info on the Beatles. I remember W Whittman posting a while back mentioning that he heard Beatles multis being played back on Mitsubishi- this appears to have been for remix for CD, done at AIR London. That would explain the poor sound of the CDs compared to vinyl. But I find it hard to believe that they would be so bold as to remix. Geoff Emerick started the Anthology with these Mitsubishi copies, but the sound was too brittle for him, so the transfers were redone to Studer A8xx instead. The Anthology stuff sounds much better than the vinyl or the CDs, and Let it Be Naked sounds even better again, although some of the balances were way off IMO. Yellow Sub remixes are excellent.

But in general, I find the Beatles CDs have more bass than a lot of modern stuff, particularly Pepper/ Magical Mystery Tour.

lucey

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2005, 01:51:57 PM »

TurtleTone wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 22:39

lucey wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 16:14

[personal attack edited by moderatpor]

How's that for respect?

I've never heard of you pal ... I do know that your website is full of PR lies and cocky bullshit and I'll take you in a shootout anyday.

Fair enough?

I dont have the Police CDs here so it was a memory based comment ... yet for sure there are a LOT of older CDs that sound thin to my ear (Dire Straits first comes to mind)  ... and they were mastered by bigger names than his.  The biggest names in what field again?  Mastering.  Oh, ahh, grovel  ... (come on it's not like we're Bob Benedetto here) ... names who still do average to shitty work on occasion for $5000/record, and someone approves of it!

Are we clear yet?

(p.s. Your studio decor makes me "puke" ... how annoying and tasteless.  Mastering is about subtlety as you must know ... so I'd be loathe to work in such a LOUD and UNSUBTLE room ...  and I'd be distrutful of anyone with an aesthetic of such MAXIMUM ENERGY.

Visual and aural ... same brain, same aesthetics.)
Brian Lucey
Magic Garden Mastering

jimmyjazz

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2005, 02:09:38 PM »

lucey wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 13:51

I've never heard of you pal ... I do know that your website is full of PR lies and cocky bullshit and I'll take you in a shootout anyday.

Damn!

You may be just returning fire, but I think it might be prudent to back off at this point.  What exactly are your referring to when you say his "website is full of PR lies and cocky bullshit"?  Are you saying he's lying about his credits?  If you are, then that's a very serious accusation, indeed.  And if you aren't, then by a quick glance at his website, I'd say you'd best lay low, because he's got credits out the wazoo . . . and nice ones at that.

lucey

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2005, 02:25:03 PM »

jimmyjazz wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 13:09

Damn!

You may be just returning fire, but I think it might be prudent to back off at this point.  What exactly are your referring to when you say his "website is full of PR lies and cocky bullshit"?  Are you saying he's lying about his credits?  If you are, then that's a very serious accusation, indeed.  And if you aren't, then by a quick glance at his website, I'd say you'd best lay low, because he's got credits out the wazoo . . . and nice ones at that.

Hey Jimmy,

Sure credits galore ... and if I lived in NYC and did nothing else for 20 years ... same thing.  Credits credits everywhere ...  I'm not impressed by credits, only character. This guys character is far more out to lunch than mine.  Dont let the credits blind you to that.

As for the PR hype/lies in the website I noted those earlier in the thread.  "Special techniques" and "not the usual suspects" .  Bullshit.  Weiss, B+W, etc ... no big deal.

This guy has come at me from left field, so I'm returning fire, as you say.

I have no fear of any MEs ability and no respect for self-appointed ambassadors to the profession with no tact themselves.

TurtleTone wrote on Sun, 24 July 2005 08:06

Principles are not personal pal.  

Character 1

Turtle 0

What have I dont to piss you off besides be as confident as you without using the cynical and superior attitude you enjoy?  

Maybe a PM to save this board from more of your venom?  Feel free to PM me and we can hash it out there...
Brian Lucey
Magic Garden Mastering

dcollins

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2005, 04:23:56 PM »

lucey wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 11:25

Sure credits galore ... and if I lived in NYC and did nothing else for 20 years ... same thing.  

If only it were that easy....

Quote:

Credits credits everywhere ...  I'm not impressed by credits, only character.

I never know if there are potential clients on PSW, but if there are, I assume they read Lucey and think:

"Well, he does have the one credit, comes off as a first-class A-hole, disrespectful and dismissive of virtually anyone and everything.

I'm calling Magic Garden!  

They're all about the Character!"

DC

Ed Littman

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2005, 08:44:19 PM »

TurtleTone wrote on Sun, 24 July 2005 09:37

I did all of the work in the room. I got sick of looking at studio grey and wanted as much color I could find.

Don't let mike fool you. his room is actually black & white .. he just colorized his website cause it cost less!....just kidding Laughing

It sounds freekin good 2
Ed

canada

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2005, 08:45:04 PM »

Quote:

I never know if there are potential clients on PSW, but if there are, I assume they read Lucey and think:

"Well, he does have the one credit, comes off as a first-class A-hole, disrespectful and dismissive of virtually anyone and everything.

I'm calling Magic Garden! They're all about the Character!"

Ouch.
you're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it  -       malcolm x

turtletone

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2005, 10:04:26 PM »

lucey wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 13:25

jimmyjazz wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 13:09

Damn!

Hey Jimmy,

Sure credits galore ... and if I lived in NYC and did nothing else for 20 years ... same thing.  Credits credits everywhere ...  I'm not impressed by credits, only character. This guys character is far more out to lunch than mine.  Dont let the credits blind you to that.

As for the PR hype/lies in the website I noted those earlier in the thread.  "Special techniques" and "not the usual suspects" .  Bullshit.  Weiss, B+W, etc ... no big deal.

This guy has come at me from left field, so I'm returning fire, as you say.

I have no fear of any MEs ability and no respect for self-appointed ambassadors to the profession with no tact themselves.

TurtleTone wrote on Sun, 24 July 2005 08:06

Principles are not personal pal.  

Character 1

Turtle 0

What have I dont to piss you off besides be as confident as you without using the cynical and superior attitude you enjoy?  

Maybe a PM to save this board from more of your venom?  Feel free to PM me and we can hash it out there...

Lucey, If only you knew, but you don't, so bash on. It's easy for someone as of yourself to critisize, you've got nothing to stand on, so you've got nothing to lose. IF you were as good as you think you are, then you'd have something to show for it, but you don't. So now it's because you choose to live in Ohio that you have no credits, that's a convienent out. The difference between you and me is respect. given technology, tastes, trends, albums sound the way they do for a reason. I don't mind the board viewing the venom, as long as Brad thinks it AOK.

If you've never heard of me, that's ok by me. I'm not concerned with you, only my clients.
35 platinum and gold albums. 2 grammy records, 6 grammy nominated records. This is not because I live in NYC, in fact I've got more competition in five blocks than you have in 5 states. Jealousy is an ugly friend to have hanging around. If you spent less time hating and more time mastering, you too could have more clients, and therefore more credits.

I've sat back and have read your crap for far too long, As I think a few others have. You will not bully respect for yourself, you're not that good. You have to earn it. How does one earn respect you ask? first off, you give it. You acknowledge those that have come before you and paved the way. Allowing you to stand on their shoulders. Then you learn from them. How many great and respected engineers have you learned from? maybe none. I think your posts say that.
Michael Fossenkemper
TurtleTone Studio
www.turtletonestudio.com

mikepecchio

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2005, 10:32:50 PM »

TurtleTone wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 22:04

I've sat back and have read your crap for far too long, As I think a few others have.

Surely I can't be the only one who uses the "ignore all messages by this user" feature.  

Bob Boyd

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2005, 11:55:52 PM »

Man, Al
Bob Boyd
ambientdigital, Houston

http://ambientdigital.com
http://myspace.com/ambientdigital

Twitter: @bobboyd

Look, I know it's mean.  But sometimes the end justifies the mean.

Bob Boyd

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2005, 12:17:52 AM »

TurtleTone wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 21:04

I've sat back and have read your crap for far too long.

Well that's the pot calling the kettle black.  

For the sake of the forum, both of you guys need to take yourselves and your discographies to PM.
Bob Boyd
ambientdigital, Houston

Jerry Tubb

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2005, 01:17:03 AM »

Bob Boyd wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 23:17

For the sake of the forum, both of you guys need to take yourselves and your discographies to PM.

Mr. Boyd, and all other esteemed colleagues of the forum...

I most heartily agree with this statement...

everyone that wants this feud to end raise your hand !  Very Happy

(beginning to resemble an episode of Springer rather than a ME forum)
Terra Nova Mastering

Bob Boyd

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2005, 01:24:02 AM »

Somebody call The Police!

(trying to get us back on topic)
Bob Boyd
ambientdigital, Houston

Jerry Tubb

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2005, 01:31:24 AM »

Hey DC

Did Sting, Andy, or Stewart attend any of the sessions ?

FWIW I think -any- ME whose name is mentioned in the same sentence
as Bob Ludwig or Dave Collins... is doing AOK.
Terra Nova Mastering

Tomás Mulcahy

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2005, 09:34:33 AM »

Bob Boyd wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 06:24

Somebody call The Police!

(trying to get us back on topic)

Hurrah! And The Beatles...

lucey

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2005, 04:10:05 PM »

dcollins wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 15:23

disrespectful and dismissive of virtually anyone and everything.

That's a lie and you know it.  What kind of person lies to make a point?

People without a personal agenda know that I respect the respectful posters here.   I dont respect: cynics, insider attitude, cliques, inconsitent moderating, and dick measuring with famous credits.

My life is about music ... get it?

Why are you not a household name ? ... oh yea I remember, you're a Mastering Engineer!

It's not a rock star job, or artistry in the pure form of creation ... it's manipulation of a created work.   So why the rock star attitude and such reverence for groverling a profession generally IN DECLINE?  Loudness anyone?

Quote:

"I'm calling Magic Garden!  They're all about the Character!"

In fact I'm all about the client's emotional aims for their music.  You got a better idea?  Maybe some science experiments you wanna try?

I guess they could call you for the cynical and cocky touch, impersonal and elitist in tone.  Ooh, aah.

Turtle,

You have never met me, I dont know you ... this is only one venue, so you are as clueless to me as I am to you.

This is a venue I came into reading a topic that might be called "disrespectful", defining the Mastering Mafia.  I will have nothing to do with that bashing.  Blame Brad for disrespect will ya?  Oh sorry, he gets a pass ... due to credits?

In your rush to call me out please do not confuse personal respect for professional respect.  Actually I'm still looking for that one great man who happens to do mastering ... and so far, lots of regular folks doing good work.  No need to grovel there, the mastering community is just like real life.  And mentoring comes in moments, from anyone, anywhere.

As for confidence, I'm saying that yes, my work is as good as yours ... any ME worth his salt would say the same.  Except I have the balls to say it publically.  Courage, what a bitch.

Mastering today for the names I'd like to respect is little more than a loudness competition based on fear. This is now more clear than ever.   There's no 'art' of vinyl, no leadership in the field on Loudness ... there's nothing to respect beyond the usual respect you give someone until they disrespect you.  Did I disrespect you by talking about older CDs low end?

As a musician with ears and sufficient technical skill I'm not about to grovel to anyone.  You want a shootout to prove me wrong? ... anytime.  Post it here and let the people decide if your "special techniques" are special, or just to be 'expected' from any good mastering.  I have no doubt you're good at your job, but as a person - being as ass here is all I've seen.

It would be MUCH easier for my image to kiss ass, but I'm not a company man.   My take on cynics and people who demand respect is 20 years proven out ... characterless wannabe intellectuals and unresolved power issues from childhood.  Sound familar?

In short, you're in no place judge, and until you get over yourself and get off my ass I wont respect you one bit.  Your work may well be great, but all I know of you is that we've never met, and you've come at me hard for PERSONAL reasons.  And you're the PROFESSIONAL here?

Cynics and old timers trying to force respect are pathetic, not professional.

Get over yourself and we can be friends.  Try to force your will and that whole fraternity bullshit down my throat and I'll respond in kind.

sincere best wishes,
Brian Lucey
Magic Garden Mastering

TotalSonic

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2005, 04:13:45 PM »

ummm.... Brad??  maybe you should step in here and put a stop to all parties that are carrying this on??  

We're here to discuss mastering - not everyone's characters.  Then again most people I meet in mastering are characters.  Thanks - I'll be here all week - try the veal.

Can we all just get along now?

thanks
Steve Berson

bblackwood

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2005, 04:34:16 PM »

TotalSonic wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 15:13

ummm.... Brad??  maybe you should step in here and put a stop to all parties that are carrying this on??  

We're here to discuss mastering - not everyone's characters.  Then again most people I meet in mastering are characters.  Thanks - I'll be here all week - try the veal.

Can we all just get along now?

Steve, normally this type of thing would disappear before anyone had the chance to read it, but I'm making an exception. As I've stated both privately and publicly, I find it interesting that regardless of who starts it, every thread that turns into one of these storms seems to involve the same person (I'll let you figure out who that is).

Some people are immature enough that they must always have the last word, must always 'defend themselves'. So this thread will serve as that place for now, let them hash it out and get it out of their system, as any further tirades like this one on other threads will result in permanent removal from the forum.

I think those who this applies to know who they are...

I grow weary of such childish behavior, really I do.

Oh, and any more personal attacks/calling another person names will also get you banned, mkay?
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

lucey

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2005, 05:56:35 PM »

bblackwood wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 15:34

Some people are immature enough that they must always have the last word, must always 'defend themselves'. So this thread will serve as that place for now, let them hash it out and get it out of their system, as any further tirades like this one on other threads will result in permanent removal from the forum.

I think those who this applies to know who they are...

I grow weary of such childish behavior, really I do.

Oh, and any more personal attacks/calling another person names will also get you banned, mkay?

So vague yet specific passive aggressive attacks (as above) are acceptable?  And DCs cynical attacks are okay as you're friends?

Is that how the "mature" do it?   I guess I'd rather be green than sneaky.

This is a simple sitation: Turtle is on a negative rage for personal reasons .... and to NOT respond to any attacks of character is to tacitly agree with them. (john kerry for president anyone?)

Why me so often?  I'll spell it out for you ... the reason ONE PERSON always gets in these is because ONE PERSON is not in awe of credits, or an ass kisserto anyone ... and that ONE PERSON is also not afraid of lost love from this board or the community at large for being outspoken.  

Why are you focused on that ONE PERSON?  Your logic is backwards.  I did not attack Turtle ... why is it my fault for responding?

Interestingly, the most character here is coming from those with the LEAST credits.  Steve just lost his job and he's one of the good guys, for example.

Here's my question to the wise:  At what time did Lucey say anything "disrespectful" about DCs original master that would prompt Turtle to go ballistic?  And why did the moderator allow it?

The ORIGINAL point was that most music from that era is similar ... Dire Straits first, was another example.  There is nothing personal or disrespecful in that comment.

Fact here is that Turtle read me the way he wanted, in support a prejudicial agenda ... or in other words ... was looking for a fight!
Brian Lucey
Magic Garden Mastering

bblackwood

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2005, 07:31:36 PM »

Brian, I still can't figure out why it's always you who gets into these feuds. Are you the only one speaking the truth? The rest of us are part of some plan to destroy the truth? This isn't the matrix. For whatever reason, several otherwise reserved posters have felt the need to address you rather aggressively. Perhaps there's more to it than you see right now...

But you know what? Forget it, this discussion is over. We can take it to PM, but I'll tolerate this ugly behavior no more.

Keep it on topic, the Police.

I truly hope you are well. Now does anyone have something to add to the discussion concerning the remasters of the Police records versus the original masters?
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

lucey

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2005, 07:50:39 PM »

I still hope it has more low end, or low mids, perhaps.

Converters are so much better now, as are the eqs, ARIA, etc.

No disrespect to Dave ... just high hopes for the music.
Brian Lucey
Magic Garden Mastering

Bob Boyd

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2005, 07:55:21 PM »

Brian,

me too.

For the record, I agree that Michael threw the first blow on this thread and criticising anyone's opinion and basing that criticism on a view of someone's discography is ridiculous.

But...

I hope you realize that the subsequent banter and attacks takes you lower than your critics and justs wastes everyone's time.

lucey wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 16:56

Fact here is that Turtle read me the way he wanted, in support a prejudicial agenda ... or in other words ... was looking for a fight!

Based on your history, it felt like you were the one looking for a fight.  "You talkin' to me?" kind of attitude.

If this debate must continue with Michael, might I suggest it be on recording.org?
Bob Boyd
ambientdigital, Houston

turtletone

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2005, 09:35:14 PM »

Bob,
for the record, I did not deliver the first "blow". On another thread, the first blow was delivered. I, probably wrongly brought it to this thread.
Michael Fossenkemper
TurtleTone Studio
www.turtletonestudio.com

bblackwood

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2005, 08:53:36 AM »

OK, this has run its course.

Sad that these threads turn into this type of thing on occassion, but some folks need to clear the air now and then, I suppose.

http://projects.euphonicmasters.com/misc/locked.JPG
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up