R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: listening thread  (Read 3512 times)

NelsonL

Re: listening thread
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2004, 06:07:08 PM »

[quote title=j.hall wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 14:03]
redelephant wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 12:30

Quote:

vocal tone is perfect.

i'm sure Liam will be happy to hear that....i did very little to it, i think i just touched up some EQ and ran with it.....no compression.....just automation to smooth some spots out.

Quote:

the guitars sound awesome.

again, i just turned em up and panned em.

Hey thanks--

FWIW, vox were recorded at the Hilton Garden Inn in Lancaster, PA. Chain was AT4040 straight into an M-Box. I think I used the bathroom as a vocal booth.

redelephant

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2004, 07:37:46 PM »

j.hall wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 22:03

i never said that......i was just asked what comp i used on kick and snare.............and i didn't compress the kick and snare individually.

okay, because to me the drums sound compressed. care to share what compressor/technique you used to compress the drums as a whole?

cool song.

redelephant

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2004, 07:40:36 PM »

rattleyour wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 23:07

Hey thanks--

FWIW, vox were recorded at the Hilton Garden Inn in Lancaster, PA. Chain was AT4040 straight into an M-Box. I think I used the bathroom as a vocal booth.

Can't beat a bathroom and a 4040. Lancaster, PA however...

j.hall

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2004, 10:22:05 AM »

redelephant wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 18:37

okay, because to me the drums sound compressed. care to share what compressor/technique you used to compress the drums as a whole?

cool song.

i'm not sure what happened in tracking.......a couple good friends did all the setup and printing of drum sounds, i just played.

so, whatever compression happened at that stage i am unaware of......if they used any, it was fairly light.

in the mix i bussed everything down and compressed it with my urei LA-12......easily the best kept secret compressor i've ever used.

i haven't a clue what settings i used (that comp is VERY VERY versatile, and has some crazy features)......if i had the PT session in front of me i could read you my notes....but i don't.

i rarely compress the drum buss more then 4 - 5 dB (on peaks) so i'd guess it was some where in there as the kit still sounds tight, and not sloppy.

basically i just use it to glue the kit together, often times i send the bass to that group as well.....it really helps glue the bass to the drum kit.

some times it doesn't work though.

dbx 162 is my other drum buss fav at the moment.

and my ssl clone comp i just built.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.