R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TransUnion Fraud Alert  (Read 626 times)

Mildewed

• Real Full Name: Amanda Dawson
TransUnion Fraud Alert
« on: January 09, 2024, 04:08:21 AM »

Transunion has added a Fraud Alert onto my credit report. I never ask or requested them to do so. On top of that, I have a inaccurate status reporting on a closed account. I've noticed that Capital One Auto Finance Company. Has reported one account twice, sending opposite status information. To TransUnion and Equifax. I sent numerous of disputes to Equifax. Once the dispute is resolved, the 2nd negative account pops back up 30 days later. After the inaccurate status information was modified. Can you please help me get this resolved?

Sceptre

• Real Full Name: Adam Lex
Re: TransUnion Fraud Alert
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 04:13:11 AM »

I totally feel your frustration dealing with credit report errors. It's like fighting a never-ending battle sometimes! The unauthorized Fraud Alert and the inaccurate reporting on a closed account can be a major headache.

First things first, don't lose hope. Many of us in the community have faced similar issues, and it's usually a matter of persistence to get things sorted out.

Here are a few suggestions:

Contact TransUnion directly. Give them a call or reach out through their online dispute resolution system. Explain the situation regarding the unauthorized Fraud Alert and provide any evidence you have that you didn't request it.

Document everything. Keep a record of all your communications, dispute submissions, and any responses you receive. This will be valuable if you need to escalate the matter or seek assistance from regulatory bodies.

Check your rights. Familiarize yourself with your rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). It's crucial in dealing with credit report issues. You might find this resource helpful: https://businessandpower.com/what-is-a-transunion-credit-report/.

Consider involving a consumer protection agency. If your disputes with TransUnion and Equifax don't yield results, you might want to escalate the matter by involving a consumer protection agency or seeking legal advice.

Remember, you're not alone in this struggle, and there are resources available to help you navigate through it. Hang in there, and let us know how it goes. We've got your back!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 20 queries.