R/E/P > Klaus Heyne's Mic Lab

Neumann U67 Reissue: Complete Tear Down and Analysis

<< < (26/34) > >>

RadarDoug2:
In the audio band, cable is cable. If you are using 30 metres or less, in a professional environment, the cable is very unlikely to affect the sound. But dont take my word for it, do the math.

Derek Samuel Reese:

--- Quote from: RadarDoug2 on May 07, 2020, 04:47:40 PM ---In the audio band, cable is cable. If you are using 30 metres or less, in a professional environment, the cable is very unlikely to affect the sound. But dont take my word for it, do the math.

--- End quote ---
I hope Klaus chimes in here lol (I won't! KH)
So you are basically saying that the week of testing I did where I heard differences in each cable was my imagination ?
Or what Klaus has reported in his Reissue tear down article referring to the differences in sound between the four cables he tested was also his imagination ?

Im not sure what math your speaking of, but I can tell you that there is a difference big time.
And if you can't hear width in an audio signal, wether it is acoustic guitar or a human voice, then I question your ears because you said "How do you get dimension and width from a mono source" ?

That tells me: either you are not understanding what I mean, or you can not hear dimension and width in a mono audio signal.

RadarDoug2:
The week of testing you did, how much of it was double blind testing?
Were you in charge of the changeovers?
Did you test on your own?
How long did it take you to change over between cables?
Did you ingest anything between changes?
Was the testing over a period of time more than two hours?

Derek Samuel Reese:
I stated in my very first paragraph that this was not a scientific test, just a basic vocal recording repeating the same few words with three different cables.
All testing was done by me.
i waited an hour for the mic to warm up, then recording my vocal, power it down and waited an hour before changing cables, i did this for each cable.
I did not eat or drink between vocal takes.
The vocal is 27 seconds each so total time with the mic warming up and cooling down would be 6 hours 1 minute and 35 seconds.

RadarDoug2: this is an easy enough test that you could duplicate very easily, I'm not sure why you are in such disbelief ?
I would have never sold my GAC 7 cable if I didn't hear a difference.
I would suggest that you do your own test, since you remain skeptical.

gtoledo3:
The skepticism comes from the terms being used, which, in my opinion, are not applicable in this context.

When attempting to communicate about these issues, it may be more constructive to work within recognized definitions of terminology, and within what can be explained through real world phenomena. Using that as the foundation, you can have some hope of getting down to real causal factors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version