R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: microphones and a desperately ill little girl  (Read 3250 times)

Manning

• Real Full Name: Manning Bartlett
microphones and a desperately ill little girl
« on: October 22, 2012, 08:27:46 PM »

Hi all

It's often easy to forget that all microphones are made by a real person somewhere.

Over the years I have built up a good friendship with Ben & Veronica Sneesby, who design & build BeesNeez Mics here in Australia. I imagine many people here have encountered one of these mics at some time or another - our studio has eight of them. They are very good mics, but that's not what this post is about.

Sadly they have a young daughter Phelicity who has a very rare heart condition (not sure what it's called). She has been to America numerous times for operations etc. Anyway I just heard last night that her life is now at risk and they urgently have to head back to the USA for a heart transplant. This is very serious, as you can imagine.

My reason for posting here is twofold:

- Firstly Phelicity loves to get comments / thoughts / prayers etc from people so please feel free to post something here and I can pass it on. She needs all the positivity she can get.
- Secondly, all these trips to the US and the cost of operations etc costs a small fortune (ie. hundreds of thousands of dollars). BeesNeez mics barely makes Ben & Veronica a wage after all the costs of manufacturing, machinery, wages, insurance etc (Anyone with a manufacturing business will know what I mean.)

Consequently they are finding things very tough and any donations will help them big time. If you're in Australia and would like to make a donation (large or small) please do so into Phelicity's own account.
the BSB is 082-666,
the account is 15-926-4542
the name is Phelicity Sneesby

You can also donate via Paypal - the email is [email protected]

Ben & Veronica will be keeping the world updated with details on their Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/BeesNeez

Below is a recent photo of Phlick in hospital at Brisbane.

They leave for the USA on Wed I think.

So please keep Phelicity and the family in your prayers, leave a message here or on Facebook and make a donation if you can. Also let me say this is not an organized campaign for donations - I'm just a guy trying to help out a guy who makes really good microphones. (Klaus - I hope this post is OK by you).

Thanks for reading.
Studio Laughing Duck, Sydney Australia (opening Feb 2013)
http://studiolaughingduck.com (only some pics at the moment, work in progress).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 23 queries.