R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: soundBlade 2 - Desk Events  (Read 2369 times)

bradsarno

• Real Full Name: Brad Sarno
soundBlade 2 - Desk Events
« on: February 09, 2012, 02:21:47 PM »

While I was assured that with the release of soundBlade 2 that "desk events" would be operational. I believe it was over a year ago that they said they wouldn't release 2.0 until this was fixed. [btw, desk events are plug-ins inserted on specific audio files or sections in the timeline.] I've tried with the new soundBlade 2 SE, and I still get the familiar old glitches, namely where the plug in won't implement until after the selected audio section has begun, and when the plug-in is implemented, there's a glitch in the audio. Or also sometimes the plug-in won't implement at all. I've tried to outsmart it by having the desk event begin well before the audio file but to no avail. I'd really hoped that sB would have this working by now. Is everyone still just avoiding desk events because of it's problems? I know that was the word last year and before, but curious if anyone is having succes with using them yet.

I'm finding it much harder now to get support on this issue from Sonic. I see that they'll let me pay them $85 per issue to talk to them about it. But to me this isn't really about needing guidance, it seems more about a major functionality glitch that needs fixing, something I shouldn't have to pay them yet again more money to get it working properly. Or even worse, to pay them $85 to find out that it's still broken and to just avoid that feature.

Brad

jdg

Re: soundBlade 2 - Desk Events
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 02:58:56 PM »

which plugs?

i've been using desk events with ozone 5 just ok in sB SE 2.0
John McCaig
-the caption captain

Jerry Tubb

• Real Full Name: Jerry Tubb
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 12:07:36 PM »

Hey Brad,

Desk events never occurs to me, must have something to do with my workflow.

I do know that the sB programers along with the beta team are hammering away at any and all issues with the app, perhaps Desk Events is just a little further down the list of priorities.

The stability of sB has increased by an order of magnitude over a few years ago. I run for days without any issues, and it sounds and works great.

You might consider joining the beta testing team, where issues can really be voiced, hashed out, and solved.

Best, JT

p.s. Jdg I'm surprised to hear yer using the infamous O plug-in, surely it's just for the limiter? ; - )

Terra Nova Mastering
Celebrating 25 years of Mastering!

jdg

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 01:02:55 PM »

;D

and sometimes the EQ!!!

BLASPHEME IM SURE!
John McCaig
-the caption captain

Jerry Tubb

• Real Full Name: Jerry Tubb
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 11:52:13 PM »

;D

and sometimes the EQ!!!

BLASPHEME IM SURE!

Quick! Call the plug-in Inquisition!

; - )

JT
Terra Nova Mastering
Celebrating 25 years of Mastering!

pmx

• Real Full Name: Paul Matthijs Lombert
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 02:44:13 AM »

Paul Matthijs Lombert | The Mastering Factory

bradsarno

• Real Full Name: Brad Sarno
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 11:05:59 PM »

I had a project in the other day by a really good mix engineer who said he really likes the "O" limiter. So for giggles I downloaded the latest Ozone 5 demo, 10 days of full functionality. Cute interface for sure. But honestly, from farting around with it on a very basic level, I don't hate it, yet.

And yes Jerry, I'm also using sB 2 every day making perfectly successful masters, DDP, etc. I'm growing to love the way it works, the flow, etc. Took me a minute to do my homework and learn a few more key commands. It's very, shall I say damn near perfectly stable for what I do, just as long as I avoid desk event plug-ins. Maybe had one glitch where the CD-text didn't show up properly in the Sonoris DDP Player (that I use to verify DDP and burn ref discs). But really it's great. I'm having a change of heart with sB these days, other than the disappointment of not having my desk event plug-ins work reliably, or at all.

Brad

lowland

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 04:05:52 AM »

;D

and sometimes the EQ!!!

BLASPHEME IM SURE!

I too have crossed to the dark side and 'discovered' the Ozone 5 EQ (Analog setting) in just the last week - very nice, less plain vanilla than Algorithmix Blue for me, so far beating it most of the time for what I want. Favourite ATM is the low shelf, but the bells are also good.

While I'm here, a Bax showed up the other day (haven't heard it yet) and a Foote compressor will be here shortly.
Nigel Palmer
Lowland Masters
www.lowlandmasters.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.