R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha NS-10M T  (Read 3583 times)

Adrian Bradford

Yamaha NS-10M T
« on: May 31, 2008, 10:20:44 AM »

Does anyone know anything about Yamaha NS-10M T monitors? How are they different than NS-10Ms, do they sound quite different? Thanks

Adrian

Guillermo Piccolini

Re: Yamaha NS-10M T
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 11:18:49 AM »

...aren´t those the ones with the speakers cover?

Adrian Bradford

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 11:24:40 AM »

No, you can take the grille off. They have ports, and tweeters in the middle by the looks of it. Never heard them though.. I"m wondering if they sound quite different?

Guillermo Piccolini

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 01:51:39 PM »

...ok, now I saw a photo... Don´t have the same tweeter, the woofer seems different also... and have a port... I bet it´s not the same thing... The place I found sold them for $350 and ask $600 for a real NS10 pair... The NS10´s are not famous for their great sound... in fact are famous for sounding like s**t, but their point is a kind of accuracy in the resulting mixes once you know them.. If you´re looking for that then go for a real pair.

Fletcher

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 12:29:24 AM »

The whole point of NS-10M's was that they were originally used as a "real world" reference... sorta like an 'audiophile Auratone'... somehow the concept was perverted and they became some kind of defacto 'main monitor'.

If you don't learn their idiosyncrasies [bass has to be the loudest thing in the mix... vocals have to be fighting their way through guitars, cymbals should be ripping you hair out, etc.] then you're pretty well screwed.

If you're looking at the new version to be an updated version of a "dorm speaker" [again, the original intent of the NS-10M] then there is probably little point in their acquisition... at least from my perspectie, as always, YMMV.

Peace.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Barry Hufker

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 11:49:43 PM »

Adrian Bradford wrote on Sat, 31 May 2008 09:20

Does anyone know anything about Yamaha NS-10M T monitors? How are they different than NS-10Ms, do they sound quite different? Thanks

Adrian

For me, the clue is in the model number, specifically "M T".

Once you realize that, then all is revealed.  MT means there's nothing inside...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 18 queries.