R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Michael Jackson back...and Massively Autotuned???  (Read 5627 times)

compasspnt

Michael Jackson back...and Massively Autotuned???
« on: February 05, 2008, 07:54:57 PM »

danickstr

Re: Michael Jackson back...and Massively Autotuned???
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 08:42:25 PM »

I couldn't bring myself to click on it... Rolling Eyes i TRIED...
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

Bill Mueller

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 08:49:09 PM »

compasspnt wrote on Tue, 05 February 2008 19:54

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertai nment/music/article3186528.ece

Geeze,

Now that's just stupid. To take those beautiful pipes and do that to them is just stupid. Who is the genius producer on this track?

Edit: Oh EXCUSE ME, it's Kanye West. That explains it.

Bill
"Don't take it personally. But this shit is a science." J.J.Blair

“The Internet is only a means of communication,” he wrote. “It is not an amorphous extraterrestrial body with an entitlement to norms that run counter to the fundamental principles of human rights. There is nothing in the criminal or civil law which legalizes that which is otherwise illegal simply because the transaction takes place over the Internet.” Irish judge, Peter Charleton

Barry Hufker

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 11:43:06 PM »

The version with Mr. McCartney was syrupy and sappy but it was nicely done and listenable.  This is just the most utter crap.

This isn't a "comeback".  This is a "knife in the back".

Cloudland

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 12:10:30 AM »

I may be wrong, but that sounds like thats the original Thriller vocal through Melodyne or something. IF it's a remix, it doesn't surprise me that it's tuned to the nth degree. All those crappy remixes (especially with Kanye involved) sound robotic.
Cool

420scubasteve

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 01:59:39 AM »

I admire all you guys but;
please stop using that horrible effect
Every kid who comes in wants that on his vocals.
I'm about ready to uninstall that plugin
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff224/420scubasteve/SCubaSteveSignature.jpg
Steve Mueller
ScavengerLand Records
Studio420

scuba's Studio
scuba's Hangout

$a1Ty

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 06:08:23 AM »

i really want to stab kanye, if i only could get the knife out of my eye i used when his song came on the radio
Nathan Salt
Hence the nickname - it's an aussie thing

MagnetoSound

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 06:14:39 AM »

HIDEOUS!

And sad.

Dan

Music can make me get right up out of my chair and start dancing or it can get me so pumped up I have to walk around the block.
It can also knock me back and make me sit there and cry like a little baby. This shit is as powerful as any drug!!!
- Larry DeVivo

Larrchild

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 06:43:12 AM »

And the song is too.

Oh.
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net

MagnetoSound

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 06:44:58 AM »

Laughing

Music can make me get right up out of my chair and start dancing or it can get me so pumped up I have to walk around the block.
It can also knock me back and make me sit there and cry like a little baby. This shit is as powerful as any drug!!!
- Larry DeVivo

Kendrix

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 10:38:07 AM »

Does anyone believe that this processing will impact the popularity of the tune in any significant way?  

I don't think so.

The processing, if noticed at all, wil be considered cool by much of the target audience.

The tune's got enough of the calssic MJ vibe and character that i expect it just may do well - despite his long strange absence from the scene. Kanye's "brand" will help to push it.

....Whatever Works??

Ken Favata

Skullsessions

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 11:08:52 AM »

Bill Mueller wrote on Tue, 05 February 2008 20:49

compasspnt wrote on Tue, 05 February 2008 19:54

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertai nment/music/article3186528.ece

Geeze,

Now that's just stupid. To take those beautiful pipes and do that to them is just stupid. Who is the genius producer on this track?

Edit: Oh EXCUSE ME, it's Kanye West. That explains it.

Bill

"George Bush hates black people." - Kanye West

Autotune that....
James Hook
Houston, TX

Podgorny

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 11:11:21 AM »

Whoa, hold on.  First off, you guys need to learn to read.  This track was not produced by Kanye West.  The article very clearly states that it was recorded with Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas.  It then says that Michael will be releasing a new version of Thriller, featuring remixes by Kanye West and Akon.

Secondly, I would bet a good portion of my meager salary the vocal isn't tuned.  This is made evident by the C that is a good twenty or thirty cents sharp every time.  No matter how weird he gets, Michael Jackson will always be a VERY talented vocalist.  I doubt even the most brain-dead Antares fan would fail to realise that.

I'm no Michael Jackson fan, and I understand why people like to bash him.  But before this turns into a bashing vocal-tuning thread (oh how we love those) or a bashing Kanye West thread (also very fun), we need to get our facts straight.

Oh, and WHAT possessed Michael to attempt a comeback by rerecording such lame, syrupy crap?
"Nobody cares what the impedance is; all they care about is when you can walk into the room, set up a mic, turn the knobs, hit record, and make everybody go 'wow.'"

RSettee

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 11:26:05 AM »

Thriller was a great album and I have no problem admitting it. Despite what he's turned into after that, that was one of the last pop albums that really blended commerciality with actual quality.

This rehash thing is getting out of hand.

Bill Mueller

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 12:30:16 PM »

Podgorny wrote on Wed, 06 February 2008 11:11

Whoa, hold on.  First off, you guys need to learn to read.  This track was not produced by Kanye West.  The article very clearly states that it was recorded with Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas.  It then says that Michael will be releasing a new version of Thriller, featuring remixes by Kanye West and Akon.

Secondly, I would bet a good portion of my meager salary the vocal isn't tuned.  This is made evident by the C that is a good twenty or thirty cents sharp every time.  No matter how weird he gets, Michael Jackson will always be a VERY talented vocalist.  I doubt even the most brain-dead Antares fan would fail to realise that.

I'm no Michael Jackson fan, and I understand why people like to bash him.  But before this turns into a bashing vocal-tuning thread (oh how we love those) or a bashing Kanye West thread (also very fun), we need to get our facts straight.

Oh, and WHAT possessed Michael to attempt a comeback by rerecording such lame, syrupy crap?

Kyle,

My bad. I started the Kanye focus.

However the track IS tuned. Listen to the word "sitting". Clearly tuned. My point is that Michael really does not need the same mechanical crap applied to him that lesser singers do. I think MJ is a superb singer and it breaks my heart to hear his voice go through the same meat grinder that Britney needs. Everything is not about money. Some things are about what you leave behind.

Best regards,

Bill
"Don't take it personally. But this shit is a science." J.J.Blair

“The Internet is only a means of communication,” he wrote. “It is not an amorphous extraterrestrial body with an entitlement to norms that run counter to the fundamental principles of human rights. There is nothing in the criminal or civil law which legalizes that which is otherwise illegal simply because the transaction takes place over the Internet.” Irish judge, Peter Charleton
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.