R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Petula Clark  (Read 18922 times)

compasspnt

Re: Petula Clark
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »

Peter, it seems that you have deleted all of your wonderful information.

I find this highly lamentable.

If you do not object, I am going to try to find that lost data, and put much of it back, into some sort of post.

Your insights are too valuable to disappear into the ether.

In fact, they are the reason this was made a tmeporary Sticky.

I wanted as many people as possible to glimpse inside that mind.

maxim

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2007, 11:25:34 PM »

pp, there is no need for over-reaction

(personally, i do not get why you have to talk about german cars, and it makes searching for information in your already overvoluminous posts all the more difficult.... but that's just my opinion)

terry, who is the MODERATOR, seems to share your love of the automobile, and he thinks it's on topic, so why would ron's otburst make you react in such a manner?

thankfully for me, i did read those posts, and i am very enlightened and grateful to hear about english production school

i am dissapointed for the ones who didn't get a chance...

iRONically, ron's posts contain quotes of pp's contributions

Hallams

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2007, 12:46:35 AM »

Hallams wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 13:44

What a privilege to read this forum. Thanks again for sharing these glimpses into the recording and times of such great music.

Chris Hallam.
Melbourne, Australia.

KB_S1

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2007, 05:53:03 PM »

This was one of the most enjoyable threads I have read.
Hopefully the info and insight that was shared will resurface.

The BMW stuff was unusual but, I think it allowed further insight into the multifaceted aspects of a character and interests of an individual.

fwiw I am still in awe at the glimpse into the work schedule that was involved and I will continue to keep it in mind when looking at my own schedule and attitude.
<a href="http://www.parklanerecordingstudios.com/" class="link3">Park Lane Studio</a> Where to find me most of the time<br /><br />

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/kb_s1/" class="link3">Flickr</a>where to see what I have been up to  <br /><br />

rankus

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2007, 06:30:17 PM »

I too am saddened by the loss of the wonderful posts by PP.

Please, reconsider your removal of your posts Peter...  This was one of the best threads on PSW this year.  

Don't punish everyone for the actions of one individual.

Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

i dig music

« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2007, 08:12:32 PM »

i'm not really sure what to think about all of this. it's all very odd. while i certainly didn't intend to upset or insult pp, i definitely don't think anything i posted was out of line in anyway or overly objectionable.

on that note, i will say that i believe pp's reaction was a little over the top considering.
R. Steele

« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2007, 07:32:36 PM »

I think it had nothing to do with you.  I've noticed that PP always deletes his posts; just part of the mystery I guess.

ssltech

« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2007, 11:16:57 AM »

Well I for one do tend to stray from topics, but I have found over the long run (in my life at least) that it's turned out to be vastly more fertile in terms of spurring new thought, odd connection and productive invention, to treat certain 'barriers' as elastic.

Yes I do feel a little guilty from time to time, but usually people are more forgiving.

As for this particular thread, the further derailment of discussing how we discuss it is a little like derailing an argument to argue about how it's being argued... it rarely produces anything substantive or constructive, and in this case it appears to have further caused the retraction or withdrawal of some absolute gems of information. -Far from increasing the concentration of 'value', or improving the 'signal-to-noise' ratio, it seems to have added yet more fluff to wade through, and pulled most of the meat from the bones. -Counterproductive, I'd say.

I have -over the course of my short life thus far- probably met and delighted in the company of more interesting people who stray from subject to subject for which they feel a passion, than people who stick stringently to the matter at hand. "Delight" is a very carefully chosen word in this instance.

Peter, I'll send you a PM, if you're interested.

Keith
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

i dig music

« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2007, 12:25:34 AM »

ssltech wrote on Thu, 06 December 2007 10:16

Well I for one do tend to stray from topics, but I have found over the long run (in my life at least) that it's turned out to be vastly more fertile in terms of spurring new thought, odd connection and productive invention, to treat certain 'barriers' as elastic.

Yes I do feel a little guilty from time to time, but usually people are more forgiving.

As for this particular thread, the further derailment of discussing how we discuss it is a little like derailing an argument to argue about how it's being argued... it rarely produces anything substantive or constructive, and in this case it appears to have further caused the retraction or withdrawal of some absolute gems of information. -Far from increasing the concentration of 'value', or improving the 'signal-to-noise' ratio, it seems to have added yet more fluff to wade through, and pulled most of the meat from the bones. -Counterproductive, I'd say.

I have -over the course of my short life thus far- probably met and delighted in the company of more interesting people who stray from subject to subject for which they feel a passion, than people who stick stringently to the matter at hand. "Delight" is a very carefully chosen word in this instance.

Peter, I'll send you a PM, if you're interested.

Keith

yes, with in such a diverse dialog, it is always interesting to me how perceived enhancements can amuse when bundled with free-form thought and diversion. it helps maintain a fresh outlook, keeps the channels clear and it's viewers on their toes.
R. Steele

compasspnt

« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2007, 09:51:55 AM »

I am removing this thread from "Stcky" status for now, sad in the loss of so much of Peter's wonderful and informative narrative.

However, when I am able, I will retrieve the salient informational points, and re-post them.

Nothing that is written on the Internet is lost forever.

Ashermusic

« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2007, 10:35:15 AM »

Call me  crazy but when I go to read a thread entitled "Petula Clark" I  expect to read posts about err....Petula Clark, not BMWs,

I guess I am just rigid.
Composer, Logic Pro Certified Trainer, Level 2
Author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 8"

www.jayasher.com

compasspnt

« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2007, 11:56:20 AM »

Sometimes it takes external information to wind back around to the meat of a subject.

Granted, some excursions are wider than others, but there is reason behind the curtain.

wwittman

« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2007, 02:40:22 PM »

I just need to say that even though it's from a deleted post, "irregardless" is still incorrect.

regardless of the context.

regards,
ww
William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)

jwhynot

« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2007, 02:48:37 PM »

William -

1.  Isn't that a mute point by now?
2.  Is this the wrong thread?

Smile

JW
one of both the most and least successful producers of ALL TIME!

wwittman

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2007, 02:51:16 PM »

a "mute" point.

oooh sarcasm.

William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 15 queries.