R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New ASP8's with problems  (Read 1341 times)

dabellator

New ASP8's with problems
« on: March 13, 2007, 12:27:48 AM »

Hey everyone.  I just bought some new event monitors but the problem is I bought them on ebay and they were literally shipped across the country with no more protection than a cardboard box.  Now that they are here they've picked up a nick in one of the sides and they don't seem to sound right.  One is louder than the other and has intermittant static when no signal is being sent to them.  When there is sound it seems to fade up and down slightly.

I've heard before that new speakers need some time to break in, but does this problem sound usual?  Any help would be appreciated, I'm trying not to lose my cool until I have to.  Thanks!
-JB

brett

Re: New ASP8's with problems
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 04:02:57 PM »

sounds like a loose ground on the amp. Break-in has nothing to with intermitant static and volume inconsitancy fades etc. But use the gain on them to match them. Lower consumer brand speakers are not matched pairs. They most likely will not sound the same unless they were matched and a squenced serial number pair.

You might want to return them to the seller or leave some negative feedback. An insurer will not pay up on a loss where the packing was sub-par.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 19 queries.