R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GRS Systems Heavily Damaged by Fire  (Read 2184 times)

Barry Hufker

GRS Systems Heavily Damaged by Fire
« on: August 20, 2006, 11:50:23 PM »

I have copied the email sent to me so that all may know the terrible loss Ted and Joe have suffered.

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Barry

Dear GRS Systems customers:

I am very sad to report that last night we suffered a massive fire that destroyed 90% of our building and equipment. The cause of the fire is thought to have started in the next door business that shares a common wall with our building.

The good news out of all of this is that none of our customers equipment was damaged in the fire. We have a special large room in our shop that we call the "hot room". It is a testing room that we use to test equipment at temperatures up to  200 degrees F. The room is fire proof and this is where all of our customer equipment was located at the time of the fire. So be assured, if you had equipment in our facility, it is safe and undamaged.

The rest of our building is a total loss, including our private studio, our Neve 8060, 2 Studer multitrack machines, 4 3M multitrack machines, various monitors and our collection of mics that dates back to the '40's. And all the other associated gear. Our offices, our repair lab, test equipment, parts inventory and 2 company vehicles were also a total loss.

While all of these items were fully insured, the loss of this precious equipment is very disheartening. But thank God that no one was injured in the fire !

Our current plans are to secure all of our clients equipment from the hot room, once the fire department allows us access, and to return these items to their owners. We will certainly try to get back on our feet as soon as possible...perhaps from an new temporary location, in time. It is just too early in this devastation to determine what will happen and how soon. But we will keep you posted.

I will be sending out a personal email to each client that has their equipment in our shop. Please allow us a little time. We do not have access to our building yet until the fire department finishes with their mop up and the investigators check out each building involved in the fire. Thank God the 'Hot Room' provided enough fire and water protection for this equipment!

We appreciate your understanding our situation at this time. We may be down now, but we will be back! As soon as possible !

Best regards,

Ted Jolly & Joe Gianini
GRS Systems, LLC

Jolly Ted

Re: GRS Systems Heavily Damaged by Fire
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 08:32:27 PM »

Thanks Barry,

Would you believe we have just today been allowed to go back into our building. The fire arson investigators had the whole row of buildings sealed for many days while doing their investigations.

We have found out today that the cause of the fire was due to arson in the next door building. In speaking with the police, they said they know who the perpetrator is...a disgruntled employee that was fired from the shop next door, which is a furniture restoration company. And yes, they had lots of chemicals, stains and thinners in their building.

We lost pretty much every piece of equipment that was not in our service dept. in the "hot room" which is fire proof. Our studio with our Neve 8086 and all of our offices are gone. All of our test equipment, instruments and our precious mic collection is gone. All the blood, sweat and tears that went into building our business went up in flames!

Insurance will cover the loss, but it will take a long time for us to get back on our feet again.

We appreciate all of the well wishes we have received. Thanks so much! And all the words of encouragement too! We need it ! At this point it all seems so overwhelming.

Thanks for your support !

Best regards,

Ted Jolly & Joe Gianini
GRS Systems, LLC
http://www.grssystems.com

drumsound

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 04:29:17 AM »

I am soooooo sad to hear this news.  The fact that no person was (physically) hurt makes the pill slightly less bitter.  I hope the person who did this will pay for his/ger crime.  

Positive thought from a fellow 3M owner.

steve p

• Real Full Name: Steve Perkins
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 02:16:43 AM »

Quote:

Our studio with our Neve 8086 and all of our offices are gone. All of our test equipment, instruments and our precious mic collection is gone. All the blood, sweat and tears that went into building our business went up in flames!

Quote:

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers

YES !

these guys are not only great techs , but Great People who care .

Joe , Ted,  

This is so sad........

I hope you guys can rebuild a new room and it will be even better !

steve
Steve Perkins

Creation Recording Studios

JOHN 3:16
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 20 queries.