R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EXtreme Isolation headphones EX-29  (Read 1526 times)

2db

EXtreme Isolation headphones EX-29
« on: March 25, 2006, 12:29:30 PM »

Everywhere I look they sell for $89.

There has to be a place to get these cheeper. Maybe unadvertised, a store can sell for less.

Anyone have a link?

Thanks Jim
https://www.digital-ssl.com/quiet_headphones/images/grayHeadphones_sm2.jpg

Ross Hogarth

Re: EXtreme Isolation headphones EX-29
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 12:59:10 PM »

go to your nearest gun shop or home depot
all these are are gun or construction phones being marketed to musicians

The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.

The standard of success in life isn't the things. It isn't the money or the stuff. It is absolutely the amount of joy that you feel.

www.hoaxproductions.com

CHANCE

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 01:35:51 PM »

Are you looking for headphones or hearing protectors (head without the phone)  like the jet mechanics wear. I ask because I don't see a cable and am not sure what you are looking for.
Chance Pataki
The Musicians Workshop
musicians.workshop@gte.net
http://www.the-musicians-workshop.com

A person is a biological signal processor--EQ mag

rankus

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 02:22:53 PM »

What I have done in the past is buy a set of the construction ear muffs and a set of earbuds... stick the earbuds in yer ears (or the drummers) and wesr the muffs over them... Cheap, and very effective...

A am now inspired to go to Sprawlmart and buy some earbuds ($5.00) and try glueing them inside the muffs ($15.00).... (I will be selling them for $160.00 if yer interested... LOL) Shocked
Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

James Duncan

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 11:00:43 AM »

Just as an opposing viewpoint, I have a few pairs of those Extreme Isolation cans, and as corny as they look, they seem to be pretty popular with the drummers. They sound decent, they are cheap, and the really do isolate, and to top it all of they are pretty comfortable.

In addition, they were just recently redesigned with better drivers and better cables which makes them more reliable in a studio situation. Plus, the owner there is really great and provides excellent customer support. I blew out 2 of the older designs with the lower impedance drivers, and he replaced them, "no questions asked". The newer design with the higher impedance drivers are much more robust, and are pretty much impossible to blow out, even with deaf drummers!
James Duncan

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Vertigo

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 01:16:43 PM »

These aren't shooter's muffs, and they do have a cord (it's just not pictured).

I've been using them for a few years now and I think they're a great product and worth the price. They really wow the drummers and vocalists, and they keep headphone and click bleed out of the picture. I use them in conjunction with the Furman HD6 personal mixing system and it's a tracking artist's dream.

They hold up really well (I've never had a pair go out or break), and when artists see that they're "special super isolation" phones, they tend to treat them with a bit more respect.

The only complaint I've ever had with them is that they're hella uncomfortable when they're new, and they take a good while to break in. But I have heard that this is less of an issue in the newer models.

To the original poster: If you've found them for $89 then you've already found the best price on them. They usually go for $129.

-Lance
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 19 queries.