R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: public apology  (Read 10312 times)

maxim

public apology
« on: January 06, 2006, 07:30:24 PM »

in another thread bbbkong wrote:

"an Aussie with a brain..."

to which i replied:

"surprise... a racist without one"

bbbkong sent me an oddly phrased pm, where he or she threatened me if i didn't retract my allegation

i apologise

calling bbbkong a racist was an extrapolation on my side

i don'y know whether he or she is racist

i f someone can tell me the correct word for a person who discriminates on the grounds of nationality (come on, you wordologists out there), i would be grateful

what i should, probably, have said was :

"surprise... nationalist chauvinist without a brain"

or

"surprise.... dick without a brain"

Ozzy

Re: public apology
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 11:23:18 PM »

"Xenophobe" or simply, "a narrow minded bigot".

maxim

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 01:08:02 AM »

thank you

malice

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 03:40:28 AM »

maxim,

you're an embarrassment to a very large country.

malice

vernier

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 04:21:51 AM »

If it ain't about recording, why fuss?

Barish

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 08:13:35 AM »

Dude,

Had I not promise Fletcher not to use Marsh language here in the R/E/P, I would have given you the tan of your lifetime by now.

Bubba has more Australians and Kiwis on his Skype than you probably have.

If he excluded you from the list of "Australians with Brain" then obviously you don't belong in it. I can only be sorry for you. That has nothing to do with racism.

I've flown 15 hours, crossed an ocean and a whole continent to meet that man in person, and he welcomed a total stranger and his brother in his house for three days, gave food and drink and bed, took around in town and sent back with priceless gifts.

If you can find someone in these forums who is prepared to fly exactly the same distance just to meet YOU and if you can make them have the same experience in your hospitality, then we can start talking about the racistness, or dickness or nationalist chauvinistness of Bubba.

Until then, you're gonna have to remain an Australian without a brain, I'm afraid. Or wherever you are from.

Let me quote Bubba from another forum post before I go for now:

bbkong wrote on Wed, 04 January 2006 04:22

Dude, here's a quarter. Go buy a sense of humor.

B.
M Ozturk

John Ivan

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 10:17:24 AM »

Barish wrote on Sat, 07 January 2006 08:13

Dude,

Had I not promise Fletcher not to use Marsh language here in the R/E/P, I would have given you the tan of your lifetime by now.

Bubba has more Australians and Kiwis on his Skype than you probably have.

If he excluded you from the list of "Australians with Brain" then obviously you don't belong in it. I can only be sorry for you. That has nothing to do with racism.

I've flown 15 hours, crossed an ocean and a whole continent to meet that man in person, and he welcomed a total stranger and his brother in his house for three days, gave food and drink and bed, took around in town and sent back with priceless gifts.

If you can find someone in these forums who is prepared to fly exactly the same distance just to meet YOU and if you can make them have the same experience in your hospitality, then we can start talking about the racistness, or dickness or nationalist chauvinistness of Bubba.

Until then, you're gonna have to remain an Australian without a brain, I'm afraid. Or wherever you are from.

Let me quote Bubba from another forum post before I go for now:

bbkong wrote on Wed, 04 January 2006 04:22

Dude, here's a quarter. Go buy a sense of humor.

B.

Sure is a good thing I could give a fuck what anyone thinks.

This post is the stupidest thing I've ever read in my life...

"Yeah, I'know he said something really stupid and it was a total insult,but, he did sumptin nice at some one one time and stuff.." Give it a fucking rest..

Man, what,, are you 10 years old or something?? I don't have a dog in this fight but, make an argument that is,, well  something other than  " I know he's a prick but he helped a guy change a tire once"??????????!!!!    HuH????

Oh Oh, there here.....

Ivan...............................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

bbkong

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 01:52:05 PM »

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

This is a fine mess to wake up to!

Maxim, apology accepted.

Briefly, I want to say that when words on the screen are your only point of reference to the person behind those words, they should be carefully chosen.

Frequently on forums this is not the case.

As for the sudden emergence of Marshians here at the REP, I can only cite the presence of Steve Albini and the interesting topics in his forum.

I'd love to stay and chat, but yet again, I have another Marshian as a guest in my studio over the weekend and we have a session this afternoon.
"ottotune that bastard till he sounds like a sine wave"

malice

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 03:17:36 PM »

maxim wrote on Sat, 07 January 2006 01:30

bbbkong sent me an oddly phrased pm, where he or she threatened me if i didn't retract my allegation

Maxim,

As the Marsh moderator I am, and as bbkong is a regular at my place, I took the liberty to take this threatening issue on a personal level with him.

I read his pm to you as I felt your comment bothering enough to ask him to explain himself.

He didn't threaten you at all. I won't post the pm here as it will be bad form to expose private messages publicly.

But slander and libel are serious offenses and should not be accepted in this board.

I will give you a chance to re-read and withdraw those "threatening" accusations or I will transmit the pm to the REP administrators .

Needless to say that if this event had occur at the MARSH, you would have been banned in the minute.

malice

bbkong

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 04:53:27 PM »

Before we declare war on Australia, (which would be a shame since we have so many fine brothers there) let's just clear the air a tad more.

I'll save anyone the trouble of reporting anything.

Here's my 'threatening' pm:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

bbbkong wrote:

"Ah, Linear. hehe

An Aussie with a brain."

surprise.... a racist without one

cheers,
max
sydney, oz

That's an interesting post.

Definitely ascerbic with a sideswipe of cliche.

Sadly, you're either utterly misinformed or incredibly stupid.

I urge you to read the agreement you made when you registered here.

I thought I'd be the gentleman and offer you the chance to retract that ignorant utterance.

bbkong

I leave that with anyone who cares to assess a threat level.

Further, I'll be happy to inform our smarmy apologist that I'm a card carrying male member of the talking monkey species and have replicated on several occasions. Anyone who actually reads posts
with a minimal level of comprehension would know that.

Lastly, it's been said that the last thing a smartass learns is when to STFU.

bbkong

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 05:19:46 PM »

Hehe.

Look who crawled out from under the overpass, my favorite serial troll.

maxim

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 06:38:37 PM »

bb wrote:

"I thought I'd be the gentleman and offer you the chance to retract that ignorant utterance."

or what?

"Briefly, I want to say that when words on the screen are your only point of reference to the person behind those words, they should be carefully chosen."

hear, hear

now it seems i've been threatened by another marsh troll, who i will not quote, unless he wants me to

worth a laugh, though

malice

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2006, 10:44:01 PM »

maxim wrote on Sun, 08 January 2006 00:38

bb wrote:

"I thought I'd be the gentleman and offer you the chance to retract that ignorant utterance."

or what?

"Briefly, I want to say that when words on the screen are your only point of reference to the person behind those words, they should be carefully chosen."

hear, hear

now it seems i've been threatened by another marsh troll, who i will not quote, unless he wants me to

worth a laugh, though

Maxim,

You are so full of shit.

There is no threats in BB pm to you.

I took this issue privately with you, and I did not threatened you anymore than I just did publicly in this very thread.

As you have been exposed enough by your own stupidity, I won't bother Brad with this anymore, I think it is clear enough for everyone that you are trolling this place.

Now if you'll excuse me, I don't have time to deal with retards with oversized ego and little brains.

malice
Marsh troll and administrator Rolling Eyes

Ozzy

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2006, 02:23:36 AM »

I agree with Maxim there is a "veiled" threat in there. The implication is there, it may not be intentional but, none the less it's apparent to both Maxim and myself.

On the original nationalistic insult, I felt that was at best clumsy and at worst insulting.

It's seems on these forums, and this a huge generalisation, that if someone makes a glib lame insult, they then get all uppity and indignant when they get called to task.

The tone of Malice's post is most disturbing! I wouldn't allow anyone to talk like that to me in person! Did I just make a threat? No it was only a general statement.
Before you post something, think, would you say that to someone's face!

In the UK the French are sometimes referred to as "Smelly chesse eating surrender monkeys". Now that is insulting!

Happy New Year to all life is too short.

malice

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 03:32:04 AM »

Ozzy wrote on Sun, 08 January 2006 08:23

I agree with Maxim there is a "veiled" threat in there. The implication is there, it may not be intentional but, none the less it's apparent to both Maxim and myself.

It is far from being apparent to me. Do I miss something in my comprehension of english ? Anyway, I will ask you this :

Was it justified to let everyone supposed that BBkong made  "threats" by pm, without any explanation on the nature of them ?

You answer this Ozzy ...

Quote:

On the original nationalistic insult, I felt that was at best clumsy and at worst insulting.

For me, it was humour, but context is everything.

Quote:

The tone of Malice's post is most disturbing! I wouldn't allow anyone to talk like that to me in person! Did I just make a threat? No it was only a general statement.
Before you post something, think, would you say that to someone's face!

I would say what I have said to maxim to his face any fucking day.

Quote:

In the UK the French are sometimes referred to as "Smelly chesse eating surrender monkeys". Now that is insulting!

Why don't I feel insulted then ?

You ask yourself why ...

malice
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 16 queries.