R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha PM2000  (Read 27975 times)

jason spartz

Re: Yamaha PM2000
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2004, 10:03:43 PM »

I have a few VU meter lamps burnt out as well.  I really don't know where to buy a replacement or how to know what replacement to ask for.  Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

Jason

Chris Mitchell

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2004, 09:44:44 PM »

Hi All,
I have a few things that may be of interest to PM2000 addicts. The first is I have a complete set of service manual. If anyone needs a specific part, let me know and I can scan it and email it to you. No I won't scan the whole manual. I also have tons of parts for sale or trade, because....

I'm in the final stage of testing of a circuit board I've designed. It uses many components out of the PM2000 including the following:

Input Transformer
Output Transformer
Discrete Opamp

And a few other passive parts if you are on the cheap and don't want to buy new. I've also worked up a complete parts list of items needed from DigiKey, caps, resistors and pots. The PCB is 11.2" x 2.7" and contains 8 complete mic preamp circuits with phantom power and a common power buss. The circuit is very similar to the API 312 series of preamps. The PCB uses a large ground plane and careful attention has been payed to component layout. Basicly you can gut a 24 channel console and rack the preamps into 3 - 2RU units. I am using the original console power supply. It's overkill but I already had it. And they should have tons of headroom. After I'm satisfied with the design, I'll be happy to sell the PCB and parts list as a kit. I've never done this before and would like opinions on the value of such a kit.
Thanx
Chris Mitchell
Flying Eye Productions
"e's jus dis guy, ya know?"

jc2178

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2004, 12:28:18 PM »

How's it going John.  My name is Joshua Christopher.  I have a PM2000 but am in need of a few things, actually just about everything but the consule itself.  I do actually have the manual but I need the power supply, meter panel, and all wiring.  If you could help me out with any of this that would be great.    you can email me @  urallposers@yahoo.com

thank you

moogus

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2004, 06:37:37 AM »

You have a console with no meter bridge or wiring??

Please explain!

M
This supports my pet theory that weird, purple jellyfish are behind everything peculiar that ever happens anywhere.

jc2178

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2004, 09:42:26 PM »

hahahahaha, yes believe it or not i do.  I actually just came across it, someone gave it to me but it's just the console.  But it just happens that this is the kind of board i was looking for.  But, in order to put this bad boy to use i'm gonna need the meter board and wiring.  Everything for that matter.  

jason spartz

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2004, 01:38:00 PM »

Moogus

I am still waiting for more details on the mod for the PM-2000 EQ section.  Drop me a note.  

Thanks,

Jason

Al Limberg

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2004, 08:22:49 PM »

Hi Chris,
I've got a PM2K that I still use fairly often for live gigs.  I am taking it out of service for the winter to do some general housekeepng and maintenance.  If you have them available, I could definitely use the schematics for the talkbalk, monitor and FX modules.  A couple years ago I bought a spare one of each (in Yamaha POS boxes and labeled 'Cosby' - hmmm) but they all have problems.  I did manage to find a couple brand new Yamaha NE80100 on eBay awhile back - always looking for spare parts etc.  Any help will be appreciated.

Thanx!!
Al Limberg
 Some people are like a Slinky.....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

t(h)ik

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2004, 12:57:47 PM »

Heyo,

What's the latest gang?

I have intermitent matrix audio problems and a shit load of noise...any idea where to start.  I mean I am ready to tear the thing apart and spend up to a month re-somethinging everything...

BTW if you don't have one of these...you need one....hee hee...

Also, do you think a Sony DMX 100 would be a good compliment to the PM2000 in any studio?

Thanx

TIK
I used to be self effacing, but I couldn't even do that right....
www.pmtstudios.com

jason spartz

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2004, 08:43:00 PM »

Did you swap the matrix modules around and the porblems follow the one module?  

Jason

t(h)ik

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2005, 12:08:09 AM »

Thanx for the suggestion....cool...maybe I will try this but the problem is intermittent...and always when I am tracking, never during a fukken mix when I have time...and then everything works great.  But I will try it...I have a very small manual with some schematics that I will start perusing soon.

Thanx again...

TIK
www.pmtstudios.com

t(h)ik

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2005, 12:04:06 AM »

Hey Jason,

I use the XLR outputs on the program out...and would you believe a dirty jack on the TRS side that I have never used was causing the audio to shit the bed...

Now on to the noise problems///

THANX

TIKK
www.pmtstudios.com

jason spartz

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2005, 01:32:14 PM »

Now that you bring it up, I had that same problem when I first purchased my mixer.  Good troubleshooting!  

Jason

t(h)ik

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2005, 09:12:04 PM »

Thanx...yeah I actually traced it all way through using the schematics and was about to desolder the large meters when I thought....ahhh what the fukk....I think I'll clean the damn jacks first....

Um so another stupid question...

Like,

None of my big meters work...Um, am I missing something?

Do I have to activate something?

Could all eight of them be tits up?

They move when I power on, just a little...

lemme nough,

TIKK
www.pmtstudios.com

jason spartz

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2005, 11:49:21 AM »

Under the meter you have a switch that toggles between program and matrix for monitoring.  If it is set to matrix and the matrix section of your output module is not on (this is a seperate button from the program on/power button above the fader) you will not see any movement on the meters.  

Set the meters to program, turn on a 1k tone, assign the tone module to send out all eight program channels and bring your program faders up.  Does this work?  If so, switch the meters to matrix and make sure the matrix section is on for each output channel.  The meters should read the tone signal level.  

See if any of that works for you.

Jason

t(h)ik

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2005, 06:15:16 PM »

Thanx again,

The meters  work just fine, in fact with the 1K tone they line up perfectly at 0dB when I have the fader at 0 as well, the only problem is that my speakers if turned on would definitely explode if I tried to turn up any chanel that loud or the tone for that matter...

The more I dick around with this board the more I fukken luv it..

So obviously you can perform most of the testing in the manual with nothing more than a XLR cable...hmmmm..

Thanx for all the help

Lemme nough

TIKK
www.pmtstudios.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 20 queries.