R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A good story about MXL, FrontEnd...  (Read 1254 times)

boogalaboogala

A good story about MXL, FrontEnd...
« on: November 07, 2005, 04:47:38 pm »

I hope it isn't frowned upon to describe specific encounters with retailers, but I wanted to say a couple things about my experience this last week.  

On Harvey's recommendation, I ordered an MXL 604 SDC mic from Front End Audio.  When the sealed box arrived, there was a small imperfection on the screen of the cardioid capsule that may or may not have affected the diaphragm.  Before I even tried it out, I called Warren at Front End.  No questions, no hesitation.  "We need to get you another one of those, then," he said.  "Which cap is it?"  I told him it was the omni.

Two days later, Marshall Electronics had shipped a replacement to my door.  Unbelievable service.  The only problem was what you might have picked up from the previous paragraph:  I told him the wrong cap (I'm not smart).  When I called Warren back at Front End, he (A), laughed at me for an appropriate length of time and, then (B), directed me to Scott at MXL, with whom I could deal directly as Warren would just slow things down as a middleman at this point.

Scott didn't laugh, but was very cool about helping me out.  When I talked to him this past Friday, he told me to send him the original cardioid cap in question and the unnecessary omni he had sent, and he would swap them out with a new card cap.  I sent my package out Friday afternoon, and got his package TODAY, the following Monday.  I don't know about you, but that's great service in my book.  Marshall had helped me with a service issue once before, and they were excellent.  Now, I'll add Front End to the list.

Warren had great things to say about you, too, Harvey.  Were your ears burning?  Anyway, delete this if it's not permitted.  I just wanted to tell a good customer service story for a change.

Greg Youngman

Re: A good story about MXL, FrontEnd...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 06:26:06 pm »

I think your post is very relevant.  It's great to hear when a pro audio company goes the extra mile to make sure their customers are happy.
Web Site
My Space
Blog

"Everyone's a guitar player... everyone's a mastering engineer." 1995 - GY
Pages: [1]   Go Up