R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: boss 1600-cd V2  (Read 1139 times)

mapexboss

boss 1600-cd V2
« on: November 05, 2005, 07:06:57 AM »

how d, just brought a boss 1600-cd V2 digital recorder, and am in the process of building my studio. Being one of those people who hangs out with musicans (a drummer) i have never taken much notice of the brands of microphones on my kit. Could some body please point me in the right direction in regards to mics for my drums, I have a standard Mapex pro M kit with a chad smith snare, extra floor tom, set of 3 roto's, and a collection of 8 cymbals including splash's and a china. Thanks in advance for any help.

compasspnt

Re: boss 1600-cd V2
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 12:07:13 PM »

Hi Ash,

There are many, many threads in this Forum which deal with the topic of mic choice.  The answers are so varied, that they cannot be listed quickly and easily.  Try a search and see what you can find.

But very briefly, you will find than many people use the ubiquitous Shure SM-57 for snare and toms.  A good dynamic second choice for toms would be the Sennheiser 421.  Many also like the AKG D-19.  But others will use a condenser on toms.

For Bass Drum, many use the AKG D-112, while some prefer their older D-12.  Others like the Electro Voice RE-20.  Their are lots of other choices, of course.

For overheads/cymbals, many recordists like to move up to condenser mics, either large or small diaphragm.  Many models abound here, and your budgetary situation would narrow your choice.  You could spend anywhere from $500 to $10,000 on a pair of these.

Best of luck.

Lose the China.

Norwood

Re: boss 1600-cd V2
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 12:16:33 PM »

compasspnt wrote on Sat, 05 November 2005 09:07

Lose the China.

LOL!  
Michael Norwood
Wood Bros. Productions
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.