R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A great Freeware compressor!  (Read 2325 times)

Ged Leitch

A great Freeware compressor!
« on: October 18, 2005, 07:47:02 PM »

Just tried out "Endorphin" compressor from Digitalfishphones.com and was very pleased to find that it sounded great on a track I'm working on right now.
Ok, so I realise it's probably miles apart from a Manley vari mu and the like but hey, this things free AND sounded great to me.
I found it did'nt damage the transients like some other comps I tried on the track, and also it introduces some saturation algorithms which sounded quite pleasant to my ears.
I'd love the programmer to create a revised version of this with enhanced sound and features, I'd be more than willing to shell out the cash for it.
Any one else tried this thing out?
cheers.
http://bitheadmastering.co.uk/

"...But I don't wanna be a pirate!"

blueboy

Re: A great Freeware compressor!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 07:58:49 PM »

Gerald Leitch wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 16:47

Just tried out "Endorphin" compressor from Digitalfishphones.com and was very pleased to find that it sounded great on a track I'm working on right now.
Ok, so I realise it's probably miles apart from a Manley vari mu and the like but hey, this things free AND sounded great to me.
I found it did'nt damage the transients like some other comps I tried on the track, and also it introduces some saturation algorithms which sounded quite pleasant to my ears.
I'd love the programmer to create a revised version of this with enhanced sound and features, I'd be more than willing to shell out the cash for it.
cheers.

Check out this thread for some comparisons with this and other compressor plug-ins.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=103114&pos tdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=5ba154d939d96a 73db46bdde314aedb1

There are audio samples on about the third page in.

Regards,

JL
"Only he who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible." ~ Manuel Onamuno

mikepecchio

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 11:05:08 PM »

Gerald Leitch wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 19:47

cheers.

yes, I tried it.  The guy who codes those plugins is cool.  I think his day job is at Magix.  I like the "dominion" plugin the best. Sort of like a transient designer. I used it once in a mixing situation, but IMO It is not useful for mastering.  I guess if you were mastering an album of solo drum machine beats that were overcompressed dominion could be just the thing.  by the way, Floor fish is a pretty decent gate.

mike p

Ged Leitch

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 12:50:10 PM »

Yeh, not tried out the other plugs yet but will soon.
I was just surprised at the detail of the app and found it's VCA mode was alot more tighter sounding than "others".
I love the saturation on it too, not harsh at all.
http://bitheadmastering.co.uk/

"...But I don't wanna be a pirate!"

MoreSpaceEcho

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 01:19:44 PM »

all their plugs are great. the 'blockfish' compressor in particular. too heavy handed to use on a mix imo, but on drum room mics use the 'fat drum loop' preset, adjust to taste, and i defy you to not crack a smile.

aivoryuk

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 01:26:09 PM »

Gerald Leitch wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 00:47

Just tried out "Endorphin" compressor from Digitalfishphones.com

cheers for sending me the link via PM it may be the solution to my m/s problem

cheers again

Alex

Jack Schitt

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 01:48:19 PM »

The digitalfishphone stuff is great. I like the stuff from Kjaerhus audio as well. The classic series is very cool and free. The Gold series is very nice as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 21 queries.