R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CHOOSING A WAVE FORM EDITING PROGRAM  (Read 1465 times)

ALLEN WRENCH

CHOOSING A WAVE FORM EDITING PROGRAM
« on: October 13, 2005, 11:11:18 PM »

I'm trying to decide on a waveform editor to splice together various sections from my final 2 track.

PEAK has been suggested by a number of people.  Any comments from actual program users will be greatly appreciated.

I’m especially interested in feedback from mastering engineers.

My 2 track signal path will be The Manley SLAM ( DACs ) to a Masterlink
@ 24 / 96

- ALLEN WRENCH -

You may not be interested in Dr. Wrench,  but Dr. Wrench is interested in you.

Barry Hufker

Re: CHOOSING A WAVE FORM EDITING PROGRAM
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 12:30:59 AM »

Dear Allen Wrench,

I am a long-time Peak user (but first time caller...).  I have used Peak (and then Spark and then back to Peak) for years.  It is just now with version 5 that Peak has become a professional program.  Even so, there are quite a few problems yet with how things, such as editing, are done.  At this moment, it is probably the best 2-track solution (and mastering solution) for Mac.

I am eager to see what Sonic (www.sonicstudio.com) does when it presents Soundblade approximately three months from now.  It is currently three times the price for Peak.  Will it be three times better??

Further, neither of these offers any way to edit more than 2 tracks simultaneously.  And I am looking for something (other than ProTools) that will do that easily.  I own Nuendo and apparently that is not it either.

Phil Spectrum

timrob

Re: CHOOSING A WAVE FORM EDITING PROGRAM
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 10:29:47 AM »

Take a look at DSP Quattro.
It has most of the features of Peak and it is much cheaper.

I used to use Peak and I really feel that Quattro is more like what Peak should have been. Haven't used Peak 5 though.
Phil, Nuendo should handle as many simultaneous tracks as your computer can stand. I use PT and Nuendo all the time. Both for Editing and/or Mixing. It should be able to handle whatever you throw at it.

Tim Roberts
Waterknot Music
Nashville

---------------------------
Ours is not to understand.
Ours is just to record the band.
-Unknown

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 19 queries.