R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: about the Presonus adl 600  (Read 2724 times)

WhyKooper

about the Presonus adl 600
« on: October 13, 2005, 10:38:26 PM »

I found some of the pre-release words you posted somewhere or other a few months ago.  They weren't exactly encouraging.  Are you going to check this thing out soon ..or not even bother?

J.J. Blair

Re: Fletcher, about the Presonus adl 600
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 01:57:57 AM »

"The Presonus ADL 600 is a hand-made, high voltage Class A, two channel tube microphone  preamplifier designed by world-renown tube circuit designer Anthony DeMaria."

Well, the first problem is that Anthony did not design the ADL 1000 nor did he design the version of their tube DI that was so popular.   The second problem, as far as I'm concerned, is that my experience with Presonus gear so far has left them firmly in the 'prosumer' category. I don't expect to see this popping up in serious recording studios, if the quality of the eight channel pre I used is any indication.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

bigaudioblowhard

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 11:42:59 PM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 23:57

"The Presonus ADL 600 is a hand-made, high voltage Class A, two channel tube microphone  preamplifier designed by world-renown tube circuit designer Anthony DeMaria."

Well, the first problem is that Anthony did not design the ADL 1000 nor did he design the version of their tube DI that was so popular.   The second problem, as far as I'm concerned, is that my experience with Presonus gear so far has left them firmly in the 'prosumer' category. I don't expect to see this popping up in serious recording studios, if the quality of the eight channel pre I used is any indication.

What kind of "high voltage" are we talking about?

What didn't you like about it?

Slipperman

Re: about the Presonus adl 600
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 10:02:04 PM »

Here's some kats who think this thing's the bees knees.

http://gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php3?t=41675&highl ight=ADL+600

Damned if I know.

Looks pretty.

SM.
I refuse to be part of any club that would have me as a member. - G. Marx

J.J. Blair

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 12:01:57 PM »

bigaudioblowhard wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 20:42

Extremely unacceptable noise floor and lack of headroom.  Just wasn't that great sounding.  It was their single space eight channel pre.  Maybe their more expensive stuff is better, but putting out cheaper, crappy sounding stuff like that always hurts your rep, as I will always look at that brand less favorably now.

As far as Gearslutz reviews go, I have a hard time taking the word of the 'recording enthusiasts' over there, who think that brands like Avalon are the bees knees, too.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

bloodstone

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 12:57:01 PM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 17:01

bigaudioblowhard wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 20:42

Extremely unacceptable noise floor and lack of headroom.  Just wasn't that great sounding.  It was their single space eight channel pre.  Maybe their more expensive stuff is better, but putting out cheaper, crappy sounding stuff like that always hurts your rep, as I will always look at that brand less favorably now.

As far as Gearslutz reviews go, I have a hard time taking the word of the 'recording enthusiasts' over there, who think that brands like Avalon are the bees knees, too.

I think the 747sp is very useful and "hi-fi" sounding, although the comp is pretty slow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 19 queries.