R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 second tracks and burning software (no more Masterlist)  (Read 4264 times)

OTR-jkl

Re: 1 second tracks and burning software (no more Masterlist)
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 10:46:14 AM »

Noah Mintz wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 00:53

Speaking of out of the redbook spec... Sequoia (and Samplitude) has a feature that will let you choose which track the CD starts at (i.e. when you put the CD in the CD player it can show that it starts at track 6 instead of 1).

I wonder what would happen if you sent that in for replication?

Noah

Where do you find that option? Is that specific to new versions (> 8.0) or can 7.x do it also?

Does that mean that the CD will actually start playing at the track # specified or that it starts playing at track #1 but shows that another track is playing...?
J Lowes ยท OTR Mastering
Professional Audio Production for Life
www.ShoutLife.com/OTRMastering

Gene Crout

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 10:50:45 AM »

jamesp wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 13:44

I seem to remember reading that this was included in the spec so that all the tracks in a multiple disc collection could have unique track numbers.

Cheers.

James.

Well, would that mean that i could simply put that last track number at 33 and have the disc go from 1-12, 33?
Gene Crout
Audio Digital
www.audiodigital.com

bblackwood

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 10:52:55 AM »

Gene Crout wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 09:50

I seem to remember reading that this was included in the spec so that all the tracks in a multiple disc collection could have unique track numbers.

Well, would that mean that i could simply put that last track number at 33 and have the disc go from 1-12, 33?

No, they must be successive numbers, but I think you can start the disc at whatever you want (between 1 & 99)...
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

TotalSonic

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 11:09:32 AM »

bblackwood wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 15:52

Gene Crout wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 09:50

No, they must be successive numbers, but I think you can start the disc at whatever you want (between 1 & 99)...

Yup.  It's in Red Book Spec to be able to start the disc at a track number other than 1.  As Brad says, track numbers must be successive.  Most software doesn't allow you to start the numbering at later numbers though.  If you do send in a disc with track numbers starting at later than 1 make sure you send a note to the replicator to make them aware of it being intentional so your order doesn't get flagged for a warning and possibly delayed.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Bob Olhsson

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2005, 01:27:23 PM »

Starting at a higher number than one has always been in the spec but for many years only the Sony PQ editor and MasterList CD were capable of doing it. It will crash some computer playback software.

Jerry Tubb

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2005, 04:09:20 AM »

Bob Olhsson wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 12:27

It will crash some computer playback software.

Now that sounds like an interesting project  !

I've still got Masterlist CD running on one of our "Legacy" DAWs... I'd be tempted to burn a single disc starting at Track 99... just to see if it will crash iTunes or better yet, Windows Media Player... a little bit of audio anarchy ?

BTW... yes I remember burning a few double disc sets back in the '90s, where Disc Two began with Track 21 or similar.

Best Regaards

p.s. when can we expect to see your list of "Bob's Sage Mastering Tips" ??? similar to your list of "Music Business Secrets" ???
Terra Nova Mastering
Celebrating 20 years of Mastering!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.