R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: where is stephen sank?  (Read 13392 times)

John Ivan

Re: where is stephen sank?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2005, 12:03:16 PM »

Well, perhaps someone who knows him well personally should pay him a visit. Maybe he'll make a statement or at least be convinced to privately e-mail some of you.

Hope he's OK...

Ivan............
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

londonbarn

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2005, 04:33:21 PM »

i like the visit idea , i never could, but will gladly in about 5 months time. i dont know him personally except from a ton of emails and phone calls, i have liked him from the start, but i just cant keep getting ignored now. i would also be interested in helping him out anyway i can, his services are invaluable to all of us.

Mark Gensman

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2005, 07:44:29 PM »

Well today I took the step of filing a police report for the theft of my mic. I filed it with my local police department after talking with the Albuquerque Police. My local police will forward the complaint to the NM police and they will investigate the location of Mr. Sank and the possible return of my mic.

I am not going to hold my breath. What really pisses me off is that after forty five years in the music business I have never been ripped off like this, (which is a miracle in itself) and stealing my mic is one thing, but I even paid to have it stolen.  

Mark G.

hargerst

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2005, 09:25:07 PM »

This is the only information I have on Stephen:

5517 Carmelita Drive, N.E.
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87111
Phone: (505) 332-0336

That was his actual home address (which I visited) and his home phone number.
Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio

londonbarn

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2005, 04:46:43 AM »

well, keep us posted  mark  and good luck

bgarrett

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 06:34:20 PM »

See below

londonbarn

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2005, 06:55:58 PM »

sorry to hear that the boat is getting pretty full , since he also has my 5 grand , i feel that i paid for the damn boat for all of us to be in!!! lol (oooh, it hurts to laugh)

Mark Gensman

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2005, 01:00:27 PM »

An update.

I filed a complaint with my local police department who apparently forwarded it to the Albuquerque police department. I also found a very helpful studio owner in Albuquerque who just happens to have a son in law that is a policeman.

I also was preparing to file a complaint with the New Mexico Attorney General's office.

Anyway, today (Saturday the 22nd), I recieved a message from Mr. Sank that he had been recovering from a car accident and would get the mic out to me on Monday.

When I recieve the mic, I will update everyone.

If indeed, Mr. Sank was injured in a car accident, I wish him a speedy recovery and continued good health. I will feel better once my mic is returned to me in good working order..

Mark G.

londonbarn

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2005, 01:41:37 PM »

WELL, THAT IS ONE OF US NOW WHO CAN LEAVE THE BOAT THAT "SANK" BUILT.       WAY TO GO MARK  IN FEBRUARY WHEN I ARRIVE , I WILL DO THE SAME. MINE  WOULD CONSTITUTE "GRAND THEFT"

Mark Gensman

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2005, 01:22:19 AM »

bgarrett wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 23:34

If you're reading this, Stephen, you have until October 24 2005 to communicate with me and salvage your reputation before I contact the police and an attorney.

Best Regards,

Brook Garrettson
brook_garrettson@yahoo.com

Brook,
You can contact your local police and file a theft charge. You can also contact the New Mexico Attorney General and file a complaint with them.

I was getting read to file with the AG office when Mr. Sank contacted me via email. If I do not recieve my mic this week, I will proceed.

As a businessman, this is very frustrating. I researched Mr. Sank before I sent the mic, and had multiple email discussions with him regarding the repair to my mic. I was actually excited to know I was getting a Sank Modified Beyer M260 ribbon.

I hope that excitement returns when my mic arrives safely and is upgraded properly.

A word to the wise. Keep all copies of correspondence, pay with a check that can be traced, keep copies of shipping documents and request a confirmation that the item has been recieved.

I had all that to provide to the police and since I had paid by personal check, I had the cancelled check and his statement he recieved the mic and the approximate turn around time.

Pretty hard to claim the mic isn't stolen if it was recieved, the check was cashed and the mic was not returned. Now if it isn't repaired, that's another story but at least I'm only out the money for repair and shipping. I would have my favorite sax mic back home.

Good luck.
Mark G.

Dan Kennedy

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2005, 09:38:58 PM »

I haven't had any recent correspondence with Stephen, but I also know he has no reason to be engaging in anything dastardly.

If it is indeed recovery from a car accident and/or any number of
complicating factors, I would wish him well and be patient.

His communication is an indication of his willingness to work this out.

We are all aware of how fragile a reputation is, and how easily destroyed it can be. Especially with the speed and inaccuracy of the internet!

Dan Kennedy
Great River Electronics

londonbarn

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2005, 07:26:35 AM »

Dan,Dan,Dan,Dan, and Dan,    those of us unfortunates are pretty much suffering here with the silence of mr. sank,We all like steve and hope he is well! (nobody more than I) , if you own a recording studio and you accept money and take on gear from customers , and then for months to years, cease to communicate to anyone (COMPLETELY IGNORE) and have someone LIE to me when, i do call, WE ALL including YOU would have no choice but to start doing something. Because of the callousness we have been shown and the worry that we have gone through, when just a SIMPLE EMAIL EXPLAINING CIRCUMSTANCES would have been great. however , we have NEVER been extended that simple courtesy! and dont think i havent been PLEADING to steve. I and i think the rest of us dont want to see his reputation go down the tubes either. the only person i think that does is STEPHEN SANK himself,  CANT HE HAVE HIS DAUGHTER OR someone else for god's sake at least send an email to all of us whom he has property of to explain very simply what in the hell is going on? Dan , could you please send me $5,300 and buy me a moscode 600 with george kaye mods (i sent him) , so that i can jump over into your sympathy boat? i would love to be in your boat instead.

Mark Gensman

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2005, 02:14:26 PM »

Well, I have good and bad news.

I recieved the mic yesterday. I can't tell if it has been repaired or not. When I sent it to Mr. Sank, it was because the output was slowly decreasing and I had to turn the input gain nearly all the way up to get it to the same level as my 58's, 57's, 767's, OM5, etc. mics.

Now, it requires as much or more gain to get an adequate signal and it sounds exactly the same as before to my ears. I am not sure what to do next.

I guess I need to know a source for fixing a Beyer M260 so I can send it in and have it checked out. I may try Beyer themselves..

But hey, I have the mic back.
Mark G.

Dougtune

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2005, 02:27:12 PM »

Mark G.,
I had my M260 rebuilt by Beyer 2 years ago, for $210.  It came back perfect, like when new in 1973.  Their phone# on the receipt is (631)293-3200.  They did it fast, too.  

Mark Gensman

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2005, 12:57:46 AM »

Thanks.. If it needs to be repaired because it wasn't in the first place, gee.. I'll only be out $350 for a mic worth about that much..plus shipping of course.

aaarrggghh...
Mark G.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 20 queries.