R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4 x AES into a laptop  (Read 2668 times)

Gunnar Hellquist

4 x AES into a laptop
« on: September 10, 2005, 02:21:13 PM »

Here is my problem.

I am in the process of getting an high level update on the AD used for on-location recording. (Currently it is a Motu 828mkII which by all means is nice but more in the "middle ground" so to say).

And the 8 channels AD-s I am longing for all has 4 x AES outputs (Lavry Blue is on the short list). As far as I can see there is no direct-to-PC-laptop connections available for this.

The best I have found so far is an RME converter (ADI-4 DD) giving 4x AES to 2x lightpipe, and then from there into a RME Digiface and a Card-bus card. It needs to be double lightpipe to handle 96kHz if I am not totally off. Once inte double lightpipe, an alternative might be the RME Fireface 800.

Now, could you please help me with some alternatives?

Gunnar
Gunnar Hellquist
unafiliated

dvuckovic

Re: 4 x AES into a laptop
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 04:50:48 PM »

Did you check out the Digigram PCMCIA cards?
Dejan Vuckovic

Studio Barba

Gunnar Hellquist

Re: 4 x AES into a laptop
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 04:20:20 PM »

Sorry, just saw your respones. Not much luck there though as they are a bit short on the channels. Guess this is a bit a of blank spot in the market right now. Several of the AD-s though seem to have (or are saying they are planning for) some direct firewire connectivity. I think I´ll just wait a bit and see what comes up.

Gunnar
Gunnar Hellquist
unafiliated
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 16 queries.