R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yo, DAE Error -9060  (Read 2557 times)

bushwick

Yo, DAE Error -9060
« on: September 06, 2005, 02:57:12 AM »

Anyone ever get this on their TDM system after a reinstall of PT 5.1? I have searched the usual net answerbases extensively with no solution.

Vexed,
joshua
Joshua Kessler
bushwick  studio
brooklyn, ny
www.bushwickstudio.com

zetterstroem

Re: Yo, DAE Error -9060
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 04:10:13 AM »

from answerbase:

I keep getting -9060 errors whenever I record. I already disabled journaling and turned off Nortons

These errors where resolved in a couple of cases by going to:
MAC HD /Library /Startup items

and removing all except the DigidesignLoader and the PACE support folders. (ie..Norton Missed tasks ;Norton auto protect)

restart the computer

relaunch Pro Tools.

Your disk may be too slow or too fragmented: -9019 error message during playback of Pro Tools on a Mac in OS 9 when using a FireWire drive. (Possibility of producing a -9060 or -9073 error message as well.)

Disable the "Heat Utility" formatting tool in the Extensions Manager and restart the computer.

Here's How:
1) Quit out of Pro Tools.
2) Apple Menu > Control Panel > Extensions Manager. Uncheck the "Heat Utility" extension. Restart computer.
3) Launch Pro Tools and playback a session. All should be fine.

"Heat Utility" allows for formatting and partitioning of FireWire drives for Mac in OS 9. Many formatting utilities can cause error messages in Pro Tools when enabled in the Extensions Manager.

After disabling the "Heat Utility" extension and restarting the computer, the icons for the FireWire drives will look different.

Error -9060 playing back audio in Pro Tools 5.x.

This can be caused by DAE's or Pro Tools minimum memory allocations being set to a value other than the actual minimum for the application.

- Quit Pro Tools, locate DAE in System Folder>DAE Folder.
- Single click on DAE, Get Info (command-I)
- From General Info mode go to memory
- For Minimum type in 1 and hit return.
- After you hit return it will tell you what the minimum value can be. Type this value in minimum memory field and hit return. You can use this same technique to default the preferred memory allocations as well.
- Repeat this procedure for Pro Tools in Digidesign>Pro Tools folder.
- Relaunch Pro Tools.

Note: In Mac OS versions earlier than 9.1 you could type 0 in to the memory field and type return and it would revert to the minimum value for the application. After 9.1 it reverts to the last value that was typed in the minimum value field. Because of this we suggest typing the number 1 in to the minimum memory field to bring up a dialogue that tells you the minimum value.

etc. etc.
Noting the music industry's complaints that illegal downloading means people are getting their music for free, he said, "Well, why not? It ain't worth nothing anyway." (b.dylan)

Extreme Mixing

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 10:18:56 AM »

bushwick wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 23:57

Anyone ever get this on their TDM system after a reinstall of PT 5.1? I have searched the usual net answerbases extensively with no solution.

Vexed,
joshua

Are you trying to playback from a FireWire drive?  That's when I get 9060 errors in OS9.  

Steve

bushwick

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 12:57:35 PM »

Turns out the error came from HDST extensions enabled. Third party wares.

Thanks zetter...

You rock...
Joshua Kessler
bushwick  studio
brooklyn, ny
www.bushwickstudio.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.