R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone care to listen to my band?  (Read 1462 times)

Bivouac

Anyone care to listen to my band?
« on: August 30, 2005, 02:21:51 PM »

Hi, click this link and streaming versions of our songs will play right away--the new ones are called "Number Two" and "Number One" for right now.  If you want to hear mp3 quality (haha...), however, you should download the songs...

http://www.myspace.com/thenewreserve

"Number Two" is really different for us.  It's really "loose", in a weird tuning, really complex beat, etc.  Lot's of different vocal elements too--all of this making it really hard for me (an amateur) to mix.  I tried to make it flow as well as possible...

Like I've mentioned on my recordings before, my hands are tied with the drums.  They're recorded to one mono track, so I'm merely using what I have to work with...which is NOTHING!!!  Smile

...these are demos really anyway

Oh well, everyone have a nice day/evening.  Thanks for listening...

PS: I'm not on much anymore because my keyboard is scewed up on my computer.  It's impossible to post...

George_

Re: Anyone care to listen to my band?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 02:47:01 PM »

nonpro here, but I have ears;)

broken is cool.. Smile the singer is very ok;) not great but ok.

I think you can get some airplay with the apropriate production.. at least here in switzerland.. find a label

me myself and I are listening to a diffrent sort of music..

good luck!!!
"BORN A ROCKER, DIE A ROCKER"

George Necola

Bivouac

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 03:14:12 PM »

Hey,

Thanks for listening all the way from Switzerland no less (which reminds me, I need to call my friend Michelle...).  I just love that about the internet...

I'm not sure how flattering these recordings are to our singer.  I mean, the vocal chain probably only set me back $250 and he had to hold up a speaker grill in front of the mic because I don't own a pop-screen.  He does have a lot of work to do though.  The kid has never taken a vocal lesson and it does show occasionally.  I keep trying to convince him, but I've never taken a guitar lesson, so...

Ha!  I listen to different music too, but this is what I write.  I'm still trying to figure out how that makes sense Smile

7minAbs

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 12:12:28 AM »

Ok, I was just browsing forums because I have a wicked case of insomnia. I am not sure how "on" my senses are at the moment but my general impression of "song #2" (only song I listened to) was that I like it.

I like your vocalist. He has that "i've got a cold" thing which works well for the track.

Maybe I would have more to say if I listened again tomorrow...or after a few stiff drinks on New Years Eve  Confused .

It would be interesting to hear what a really great producer could draw from the sound of the band.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 19 queries.