R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need help, as usual....  (Read 2100 times)

judah

need help, as usual....
« on: August 30, 2005, 01:30:04 AM »

Hi all,
been a long time away from here. I need your help or some sort of it.
I got an EP coming out, and would like to have some of you listen to the songs. I would also like you to send me an e-mail with a couple lines about the songs, wether positive or not. If you have time and patience and are willing to help I'll really appreciate it. Oh, I almost forgot, the impressions will be used as press quotes , so if you don't want your name printed just use your nickname.

Thanks in advance.

R.

PS: here's the link to the songs:

http://www.468recording.com/media.htm
Ronnie Amighetti
DIESEL
Laboratorio di registrazione sonora

"I'm fucking busy and vice versa."
Dolly Parton

judah

Re: need help, as usual....
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 01:36:25 AM »

What?!?!? 60 views and 0 reply??|?
Please, help me. Listen to just one song at least.
Please.....  Sad

R.
Ronnie Amighetti
DIESEL

Dolly Parton

j.hall

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 08:17:48 AM »

i'll listen soon.....at the moment, i can't buy a day off....please be patient.

judah

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 01:43:14 AM »

j.hall wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 14:17

i'll listen soon.....at the moment, i can't buy a day off....please be patient.

Hi J,
thanks a lot (BTW, your stuff is supernice)
To all the others...... I see you downloaded the songs (at least 7 users from PSW). You can't fool me around!!?!?  Razz
Tell me what you think?!?!??!? Positive or negative, it really doesn't matter, I won't get pissed off in any way, I just need some crude judgement.

Thanks.

R.
Ronnie Amighetti
DIESEL

Dolly Parton

Beezoboy

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 07:58:57 AM »

Track 1 - Good Balance, I am not a fan of the chorus. Maybe it strikes a chord for being able to relate, but I dunno. I am sure you are looking for mix comments right.  Rolling Eyes  

Track 2 - 1 verse into this song and another f#$%. I like the drum sound on this track. Nice and roomy, but still got some punch. Ooh bells. . . nice!

Track 3 - Balanced mix its tasteful really. No other comments.

Track 4 -

Overall I would like to hear the vocalist utilize more range. Also I would like to hear some songs with more complex song forms and maybe more melodic content. A lead line here and there could be cool. Also maybe make the verse and chorus more opposing, rather than similar. By the chorus my ear wants to hear something different. I really, really like the drum sounds on all of this. Very solid and tasteful playing.

Sorry, I am just a fan of harder edged rock than this.

Beez

judah

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 08:33:55 AM »

Beezoboy wrote on Thu, 01 September 2005 13:58

Track 1 - Good Balance, I am not a fan of the chorus. Maybe it strikes a chord for being able to relate, but I dunno. I am sure you are looking for mix comments right.  Rolling Eyes  

Track 2 - 1 verse into this song and another f#$%. I like the drum sound on this track. Nice and roomy, but still got some punch. Ooh bells. . . nice!

Track 3 - Balanced mix its tasteful really. No other comments.

Track 4 -

Overall I would like to hear the vocalist utilize more range. Also I would like to hear some songs with more complex song forms and maybe more melodic content. A lead line here and there could be cool. Also maybe make the verse and chorus more opposing, rather than similar. By the chorus my ear wants to hear something different. I really, really like the drum sounds on all of this. Very solid and tasteful playing.

Sorry, I am just a fan of harder edged rock than this.

Beez

Hi Beez,
thanks a lot for your inputs. In fact I'm not looking for mix comments. I just would like to know how the songs sound. That's it. And your inputs are very interesting. Regarding the bad language I realized only now that I use the f word in the first song too! Thanks again.

R.
Ronnie Amighetti
DIESEL

Dolly Parton

Beezoboy

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 05:58:01 PM »

OK well I am glad I could help out then. I am not opposed to cursing in songs, don't me wrong. However, I just thought it may not lend itself as using F#$& for the foundation of a chorus. Not to mention radio play is not a possibility when you curse a whole lot in songs. Also censorship can come into play.

Beez

judah

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 12:27:34 AM »

Beezoboy wrote on Thu, 01 September 2005 23:58

OK well I am glad I could help out then. I am not opposed to cursing in songs, don't me wrong. However, I just thought it may not lend itself as using F#$& for the foundation of a chorus. Not to mention radio play is not a possibility when you curse a whole lot in songs. Also censorship can come into play.

Beez

Hey Beez,
sorry to bother you again but what about the fourth song?
Thanks.

R.
Ronnie Amighetti
DIESEL

Dolly Parton

j.hall

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 09:39:20 AM »

judah wrote on Thu, 01 September 2005 00:43

Hi J,

thanks man!!!!!!!!!!

Something's Wrong = i love the smooth vibe of the song.  it's one of the songs that just happens and doesn't need to vary off the path.  it's focused but not overly maticulous.  on that note, i think the production is great.  if i mixed it i probably would have pushed the vibe a bit harder.  the sounds are clean and the balance is nice, but with the song the way it is, you have so much room to move things around in the soundscape.  i'm not talking about atuo panners and weird effects.  mostly thinking of a bigger boomier (perhaps more hollow) kick drum.  the bass sounds great but could maybe be cool with rounder bottom.  i'd probably put a really short verb on the guitar and vox.  small room real short.  give it a slightly creepy bathroom type effect.  of course, this is just my take on it.  i still think your mix is solid and i enjoy the song as is.

Red Hot Summer Weekends = great sounds.  and i love how it's a totally different approach then the previous song.  the band has good feel and plays well together.  i'd love to hear some electric guitar on this tune when the whole band kicks in.  something chimey and clean.  the bells in the second chorus are a nice touch!!!  

Judo = right off the bat, i dig the change in production again.  it takes a lot of time and vision to make records like this.  i've done it a few times and it's very draining.  the sounds you are printing work really well together in all the songs thus far.  the drummer and bass player really play well together.  the mixes are all wel balanced and focused, you should be proud of this work.  the only thing i might have done differently would be some tighter drum buss compression, but that's again a matter of approach and taste.

Jesus and Judah = it would be nice to hear the vocalist get this "into it" on the other tunes.  the guitar that comes in at the end before it gets big and distorted is a beautiful touch.  plays right to the theme of the song.  nicely done!

judah

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2005, 02:09:08 AM »

j.hall wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 15:39

judah wrote on Thu, 01 September 2005 00:43

Hi J,

thanks man!!!!!!!!!!

Something's Wrong = i love the smooth vibe of the song.  it's one of the songs that just happens and doesn't need to vary off the path.  it's focused but not overly maticulous.  on that note, i think the production is great.  if i mixed it i probably would have pushed the vibe a bit harder.  the sounds are clean and the balance is nice, but with the song the way it is, you have so much room to move things around in the soundscape.  i'm not talking about atuo panners and weird effects.  mostly thinking of a bigger boomier (perhaps more hollow) kick drum.  the bass sounds great but could maybe be cool with rounder bottom.  i'd probably put a really short verb on the guitar and vox.  small room real short.  give it a slightly creepy bathroom type effect.  of course, this is just my take on it.  i still think your mix is solid and i enjoy the song as is.

Red Hot Summer Weekends = great sounds.  and i love how it's a totally different approach then the previous song.  the band has good feel and plays well together.  i'd love to hear some electric guitar on this tune when the whole band kicks in.  something chimey and clean.  the bells in the second chorus are a nice touch!!!  

Judo = right off the bat, i dig the change in production again.  it takes a lot of time and vision to make records like this.  i've done it a few times and it's very draining.  the sounds you are printing work really well together in all the songs thus far.  the drummer and bass player really play well together.  the mixes are all wel balanced and focused, you should be proud of this work.  the only thing i might have done differently would be some tighter drum buss compression, but that's again a matter of approach and taste.

Jesus and Judah = it would be nice to hear the vocalist get this "into it" on the other tunes.  the guitar that comes in at the end before it gets big and distorted is a beautiful touch.  plays right to the theme of the song.  nicely done!

thanks a lot J. the fact is that I'm the singer and guitar player here, not the man behind the console!  Very Happy
Anyway, the engineer we worked with is well known in the indie business here in Italy and I really love the worked he done with us. after few weeks of listening I think that some more guitar overdubs would have been helpful. As it is the CD is almost live (drums, guitar and bass were traked live) we od the vocals and the accessories (bells, keys on Red Hot and background vox). Thanks a lot for your input. You made my birthday.

R.
Ronnie Amighetti
DIESEL

Dolly Parton

Gee-who-lee-o

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 04:47:48 AM »

I like those songs.
Nice job on the recording, and mature songwriting.
Good to hear fresh good music from Italy!

---*---
    Commodore Vic 20 - 16 kb RAM - keyboard -multitrack digital recording facility  

judah

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 05:12:58 AM »

jj72 wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 10:47

I like those songs.
Nice job on the recording, and mature songwriting.
Good to hear fresh good music from Italy!

Thanks JJ. Italy is still the asshole of world but we keep tryin.

R.
Ronnie Amighetti
DIESEL

Dolly Parton
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.