R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts from Audio Dudes on God and whatnot  (Read 63136 times)

PP

Re: Younger Dudes....hmmmm....
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2005, 04:56:49 PM »

AndreasN

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2005, 06:45:57 PM »

Qoute;

[regarding Poyser]
>>Q: I think he comes off as arrogant because of the limitation of the medium employed.
Poyser wrote:
>This is absolutely the most profoundly perspicacious insight I have read anywhere on P.S.W.

Smile

Seen a lot of great stuff on this board. At times true revelations! The common denominator in all those posts have been audio. Your expertise is much welcomed.

Then, there's all the other stuff.. I'm in no position to ask anything of anyone in here, but may I plead that you head over to the Saloon with the non-topic matters?

I'm keen on reading what younger dudes does in the studios..

Best wishes,

Andreas Nordenstam

J.J. Blair

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2005, 08:14:40 PM »

Pete, I will at a later time read your entire post.  

As far as attraction rather than promotion goes, I am speaking purely of spiritual matters, which I thought was obvious.  I can't feed my family with faith alone.  You will find that in terms of spiritual beliefs I don't try to push my  views on anybody, unless they start pushing theirs on me.  I even try that with politics, but that is considerably harder for me, since somebody's religius belief doesn't effect me as much as the way they vote does.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Barry Hufker

Re: Thoughts from Audio Dudes on God and whatnot
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2005, 11:06:39 PM »

Peter,

I am a born again Christian and even I don't want to get into a religion discussion in an audio forum.

I don't wear my faith on my sleeve and I don't discuss it at the drop of a hat.  I believe the best way to express one's faith is by living it.  Let that be the lamp on the hill rather than posting in a forum.

You must of course follow your conscience, but that would be my take.

Barry

VagrantSt

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2005, 01:34:08 AM »

Oh goody, bible quotes

35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

And I still get heathens wanting to work on Sunday. I guess it's time to start making a list.

And another fave...

24:16 And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.

keep the holy vibes coming!!!

t(h)ik

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2005, 01:52:19 AM »

VagrantSt wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 07:34

Oh goody, bible quotes

35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

And I still get heathens wanting to work on Sunday. I guess it's time to start making a list.

And another fave...

24:16 And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.

keep the holy vibes coming!!!

I don't think it's really fair to judge the whole movement based on just a few stern examples.  I mean, I agree with the passages above anyway, because a good clean society has to have it's limits.  Otherwise you have what America has turned into today.

Please help save the ten commandments in our public buildings.

Lemme nough

Tik
I used to be self effacing, but I couldn't even do that right....
www.pmtstudios.com

VagrantSt

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2005, 02:05:11 AM »

Well a fellow ought to know, one of the best ways to tarnish religions' good name is to drag it into an audio forum. And what fun can you really have with just the wimpy bible quotes?

George_

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2005, 04:10:49 AM »

Quote:

What you obviously require for your studio and indeed your life is a system of Christian ethic’s to fill the vacuum……

I'm with you.. christian or not christian.. I don't belive in god or allah, or mohammed.. whoever.. anyway..

but the 10 commandements are the esence of a good society.. and it doesn't depend if you believe in someting or not..

maybe the 11 was forgotten:
- thou shall not apply phantom-power to royer-ribbonmics..

huh;)

TIK,
how do you explain your blackmetallbands, why you there are some bible-texts around?Wink I'm curious how a band like darkthrone would react;)

hum.. please keep a camera in preparation;)

cheers George
"BORN A ROCKER, DIE A ROCKER"

George Necola

t(h)ik

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2005, 05:14:55 AM »

Darkthrone...hmmmm....

Well George, if I ever recorded a band from Austria I guess a fantasy of mine would be Pungent Stench....but I am pretty sure they have their own studio...but I am also sure they would be down with the commandments.

I have only seen them live once at gay-assed (NTTAWWT) Wacken and they were great but they had to limit their show because of time which is reason #348 that Wacken fukken sucks donkey dick.

As far as this thread goes, as an atheist, nothing would be more replusive to me than an atheist church or atheist religious fruitcakes.

I think blasphemy is cool, because noone can throw me in a pit for it anymore (thank god).

What I think is rather tasteless is when people go out of their way to shut a christian down or show a lack of respect.  They are just reacting to something that makes them uncomfortable but when they strike out they don't realize how much they hurt that poor person who is grasping to their faith to avoid the hurt that is their life.

So be cool to christians you fags.....

Lemme nough

Tik

www.pmtstudios.com

George_

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2005, 05:19:15 AM »

.. we are riding on the same wave.. your english is better tik;), so maybe I should focus more on the "point" of an answer. you did it man.
"BORN A ROCKER, DIE A ROCKER"

George Necola

t(h)ik

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2005, 05:22:42 AM »

noGearslut wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 11:19

.. we are riding on the same wave..

The smoking lamp is lit....

light 'em up
www.pmtstudios.com

CCC

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2005, 06:46:34 AM »

sixtiksix wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 10:14

I think blasphemy is cool, because noone can throw me in a pit for it anymore (thank god).

Apropos the penultimate comment in your message; excellent use of irony. If audio doesn't work out for you (it will) you should consider trying to move into socio-political satire, like Stewart or Mahar. Yes - I'm actually serious....

sixtiksix wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 10:14

What I think is rather tasteless is when people go out of their way to shut a christian down or show a lack of respect.  They are just reacting to something that makes them uncomfortable but when they strike out they don't realize how much they hurt that poor person who is grasping to their faith to avoid the hurt that is their life.

Yep. Leave it to the atheist metal-rocker to make such a deep and insightful comment. What's the world coming to when Christian religious leaders call for the assassination of world leaders, while at the same time atheist audio engineers make eminently sensible pleas for mutual understanding? Hilarious!

John Ivan

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2005, 07:14:43 AM »

Yeah ,well I gota' tell ya. I didn't used to have a problem with what are now being called "Christians". But, these days, I have no respect what so ever for these people. {who ever they are}  You have the out spoken fellas on the big fancy TV shows who call themselves Christians and they are ALL ALL clearly among the nastiest human 's I've ever heard speak. Then you have the quiet, humble Christians who say nothing and do nothing while their religion is taken over by some sick motherfuckers. Soooo,,, keep this shit to yourself..

What is now known as evangelical Christianity, I think is a very very dangerous thing run by the WORST FUCKING PEOPLE on earth. So please,, I already know that you people think I'm going to hell for not having your "mind" I sure as fuck don't want you here quoting the Bible. PERIOD.

Taking quotes from the bible is useless any how. If people don't read the whole thing and then figure out which to disregard and which to live by, they end up thinking like GW Bush.. And we sure don't need that now do we..

I am deeply offended by the religion these days and if this is going to keep up here. I will be gone.  When I feel like arguing with the angry bearded guy in the sky, I go to the BB basement..

I've had my fill of being abused by the "??Christian??" people!!!
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Barry Hufker

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2005, 08:05:30 AM »

Things to know:
1) Not all Christians are Republicans
2) We who are not weak didn't let an extreme segment "take over."  While extremely conservative Christians did vote for Bush, it took more people than that to put Bush in office.
3) Not all Christians are for Bush.  I actually see this administration as this country's most evil.
4) Not all Christians support the war in Iraq, started with Bush's lies, but I am sure we all support the troops.

I am not saying this to get a religious-political discussion started.  I am saying this to express a not-often heard Christian view.  So if you're opinion or belief is different, don't rebut this posting.  We already know those 'arguments.'  I just want an opposite opinion posted.

Extremely conservative Christians want to legislate morality.  That didn't happen in Israel under the Kings and it isn't going to happen now.  Morality comes from the heart.

Extremely conservative Christians want Christianity in the schools and courtrooms.  That shouldn't happen.  Somehow they figure if it is in those places they have taken back a "Christian" country.  Well, countries can't be "Christian."  Only people can.  And this country, no matter what the conservatives say, was never built on the principles of Christianity, but rather Humanism.

Smart Christian parents prepare their children to live in a non-Christian world by teaching them the faith at home.  You don't need schools and courthouses.  Be strong enough to teach the faith at home so your kids are prepared to live in the world.

From an orthodox, born-again Christian.

Barry

P.S. I ask the moderator to move this topic to the Saloon.

John Ivan

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2005, 08:40:54 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 07:05

Things to know:
1) Not all Christians are Republicans
2) We who are not weak didn't let an extreme segment "take over."  While extremely conservative Christians did vote for Bush, it took more people than that to put Bush in office.
3) Not all Christians are for Bush.  I actually see this administration as this country's most evil.
4) Not all Christians support the war in Iraq, started with Bush's lies, but I am sure we all support the troops.

I am not saying this to get a religious-political discussion started.  I am saying this to express a not-often heard Christian view.  So if you're opinion or belief is different, don't rebut this posting.  We already know those 'arguments.'  I just want an opposite opinion posted.

Extremely conservative Christians want to legislate morality.  That didn't happen in Israel under the Kings and it isn't going to happen now.  Morality comes from the heart.

Extremely conservative Christians want Christianity in the schools and courtrooms.  That shouldn't happen.  Somehow they figure if it is in those places they have taken back a "Christian" country.  Well, countries can't be "Christian."  Only people can.  And this country, no matter what the conservatives say, was never built on the principles of Christianity, but rather Humanism.

Smart Christian parents prepare their children to live in a non-Christian world by teaching them the faith at home.  You don't need schools and courthouses.  Be strong enough to teach the faith at home so your kids are prepared to live in the world.

From an orthodox, born-again Christian.

Barry

P.S. I ask the moderator to move this topic to the Saloon.

Barry, I'm glad to read this. However, you said yourself that your point of view is rarely heard. I think you need to change this and I never hear Christians like yourself  in the media denouncing the nut cases. As distasteful as this sounds, {having to go on these shows} this is where a huge segment of the American public get there "information" Something has to be done.

I did a session for a Christian Friend of mine this weekend and she stopped attending her church. The church she grew up in, because they have all gone nuts!! this is very very sad and Dangerous!!

The point I'm making is that there is nothing conservative or Christian about most of these highly visible "Christians" and I do believe that the public face of a religion can and has been hijacked. I think the rest of you and the kind hearted,calm minded,and loving Christians that I know need to do something about this.

I can tell you this. When a public Figure starts talking about being Born again, I automatically assume he's nut's. To assume anything else is dangerous until proven otherwise.
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 20 queries.