R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts from Audio Dudes on God and whatnot  (Read 63176 times)

PP

Thoughts from Audio Dudes on God and whatnot
« on: August 26, 2005, 02:44:46 PM »

rankus

Re: Younger Dudes....hmmmm....
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 04:26:27 PM »

PS: To "*****"  Religion should to be kept to oneself on public forums... This type of post is considered improper etiquette. The are many faiths on the net and it can easily lead to flame fests, and religious wars... in short it can be offensive to many..

I am not trying to be negative. Or confrontational. I have my beliefs as well, but do not foist them on others publicly.  The subject matter around here is Pro Audio....

These forums also have a "real names" policy...please include yours.

Sorry if this post seems harsh.  It is not intended to point fingers, or single anyone out, but rather to educate in "netiquette"

Peace to you and yours.
Rick
Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

PP

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 06:21:04 PM »

J.J. Blair

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 07:16:20 PM »

I'm half Jewish and the other half 'recovering born again'.  The only reference to Jesus I want to read about in these forums is an exclamation like "Jesus, this mic is awesome!"

No offense to anybody who is 'saved' or what have you, but please exclude bringing the good news to the audio forum.  I find it almost as offensive as Josh Binder saying "Auto tune is supposed to be part of the vocal sound."  Otherwise this will turn into a debate about the historical accuracy of the New Testament, and how many liberties were taken with translating the King James version, etc.  

Thanks.

PS - You left out Ephesians 4:32.  "Be ye kind to one another."

Very Happy
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Ross Hogarth

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 09:19:31 PM »

****** wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 15:21

Q : ?PS: To "*****" Religion should to be kept to oneself on public forums... This type of post is considered improper etiquette. The are many faiths on the net and it can easily lead to flame fests, and religious wars... in short it can be offensive to many..?

P

i received a message to moderators .... my hands here are tied
since
1) you do not have an appropriate profile with your real name
i/we have no idea who you are and
2) you do not accept private messages so at this time you are completely behind your tree ..
please come out and play ...whoever you are

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, I am only posting here in reply since I cannot PM you until you accept PM's with a profile inclusive of your name
thanks

The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.

The standard of success in life isn't the things. It isn't the money or the stuff. It is absolutely the amount of joy that you feel.

www.hoaxproductions.com

compasspnt

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 10:49:20 PM »

I'm getting tired of holding my finger on the down arrow...

Bill Mueller

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 11:07:00 PM »

Hello Peter,

Nice to see from you again.

Best Regards,

Bill
"Don't take it personally. But this shit is a science." J.J.Blair

“The Internet is only a means of communication,” he wrote. “It is not an amorphous extraterrestrial body with an entitlement to norms that run counter to the fundamental principles of human rights. There is nothing in the criminal or civil law which legalizes that which is otherwise illegal simply because the transaction takes place over the Internet.” Irish judge, Peter Charleton

Ross Hogarth

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2005, 12:01:57 AM »

****** wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 15:21

Q : ?These forums also have a "real names" policy...please include yours.?

I betcha Thom, Tik, and Terry..... Uncle Tom Cobbly and all the Wombles know exactly WHO it is who's writing.

P

By the way ..I don't know who you are and would like to know
since I am sure we agree on a lot of issues inclusive of cigars and old black and white movies,
thanks  again

The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.

The standard of success in life isn't the things. It isn't the money or the stuff. It is absolutely the amount of joy that you feel.

www.hoaxproductions.com

rankus

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2005, 05:19:49 PM »

EDIT:  Just figured out why he has singled me out... my company name!!!  ROTFLMAO ....

To: "*****"

hellfire - it's named after a missile dude, alot worse than satan..

Gods cool too... just not here please

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

t(h)ik

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 05:44:43 PM »

Well,

I find Peter's posts very provocative.

Rick, I am not taking issue with your criticism but in my opinion he is a part of this virtual place as much as anything else.

I remember about six or seven months ago he alluded in a thread that people here tell you a lot, but really tell you nothing at all.

I found this to be inciteful until just the last three days.  When I realized that this was indeed not true.

Amazing.

His words stuck with me all that time.

He is also a premium piss taker and I think he comes off as arrogant because of the limitation of the medium employed.

I think he is here for the same reasons a lot of us are.  The intimacy and the access to people who actually know shit and can utilize it.

It fukken rocks.

So,

Sonic Bukkake to all of you.

There's really no reason to be cross, if Peter lays it on ya just be glad for the attention.

Since I am an American I just pretend that as he basting me with his knowledge he would be delighted to see my goofy Yank grin like it was all going over my head....as I sip at my elixir and nod like the doggie on the back dash.

I love it.

I love Pete.

And you guys ain't too bad either.

Lemme nough

Tik

I used to be self effacing, but I couldn't even do that right....
www.pmtstudios.com

rankus

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2005, 01:10:05 AM »

Yes, Tik you are right.  I felt badly for the tone of my earlier post all evening and as soon as I arived home from the studio I have retracted my comments. (For the record they werent that bad... just a little snide)

What are you doin online at this time anyway?

You rock too Buddy! Good to have you around!  

Tomas Danko

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2005, 11:51:11 AM »

Aaah.

I'd say you just got Poysered.

There goes all of our arrow-down buttons, as Mr. Manning pointed (er) out...

Cheers,

Tomas Danko
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

PP

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2005, 02:43:21 PM »

rankus

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2005, 04:06:05 PM »

****** wrote on Sun, 28 August 2005 11:43

Peter Poyser - Oxford

Q: “I felt badly for the tone of my earlier post all evening”

Please don’t feel bad Rick for no offence whatever is taken. I understand your point of view entirely, I can really truly see it.

I hope that if you have read this you will also have a better understanding of mine.

P

I have, and I do.

You are a kind sole Peter...

J.J. Blair

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2005, 04:16:33 PM »

Wow.  That post was longer than the Book of Mormon.  

Anyway, to address the points that caught my attention, because I can't read the entire thing, mmy point about not testifying about one's faith (or lack there of) in here go to not diverting us from out primary purpose: Discussing audio, music, production and other related events.  I just don't personally see how attributing quotes to Jesus about treating people nicely was necessary, rather than just discussing the rewards of that behavior.  Sure, you have a first amendment right to talk about Jesus, but that doesn't mean that it's appropriate.

Fairly or unfairly, Christianity is viewed by many as an oppressive force.  And even though you may feel that your beliefs on the matter do not reflect that sort of thing, you have to be sensitive to the fact that based on lifetime of experiences with less considerate 'Christians', people are going to have a knee jerk reaction to Bible quotes.  Remembering that is not only good for not pissing people off, but also for if you truly want to have your message heard, being able to get around such prejudices.  And to be fair, even if I agreed with them, I would not want somebody to post things disagreeing with Christian beliefs, out of consideration for the people in the people who might take offense to that.

Personally, I subscribe to the belief of attraction rather than promotion.  I live my life a certain way, and I let people approach me and ask me what it is that I believe, rather than going around sharing this with anybody within earshot.  

I could post for pages and pages about why I'm not 'born again' any longer, and it would all make perfect sense to you, and perhaps enlighten you as well.  However, this is an audio forum.  As much as I love sitting with my cousin, who graduated from James Dobson's Focus on the Family University, and explaining to her why gay people are not going to hell (by pointing out things like that Jesus never talks about homosexuality and if it's such a big sin, why didn't it make the top ten?), this really isn't the place for such matters.  People get polarized enough over discussions of 'tube vs. solid state' here.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.