R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 251 and a 47  (Read 5763 times)

J.J. Blair

Re: 251 and a 47
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005, 10:51:07 AM »

Nadine is awesome.  Such pleasure to deal with.  They make a really phenomenal product and I can't say enough good things about the folks at Korby.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

brandondrury

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2005, 01:02:56 AM »

Good story.

Now back to the topic.

What are the half dozen or so mics that pretty much cover the vocal gammut?

vernier

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2005, 01:53:33 AM »

A single U67 ..drums, guitars, vocals. etc ..wouldn't need the other five.

Fletcher

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2005, 04:05:14 PM »

brandondrury wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 01:02

What are the half dozen or so mics that pretty much cover the vocal gammut?

Who knows... I'd say an SM-7; an AEA R-84; a Soundelux U-195; a Horch RM2J; a Gefell UM-900 and maybe a Coles 4040... or any of a hundred other microphones.

Each voice is going to couple with one mic better than any other... and that coupling can [and will] change on a song by song, arrangement by arrangement basis... there are times when the tool I might intellectually think is the last thing that might work is the best tool in practice and vice versa.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

J.J. Blair

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2005, 05:27:25 PM »

Wow.  That was explained perfectly.  Fletcher says some really profoundly right on shit, every now and then.

Very Happy
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

brandondrury

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2005, 10:59:32 AM »

Quote:

Who knows... I'd say an SM-7; an AEA R-84; a Soundelux U-195; a Horch RM2J; a Gefell UM-900 and maybe a Coles 4040... or any of a hundred other microphones.

I get it.  Fletcher just wants me to order 100 mics from Mercenary.

Brandon
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 16 queries.