R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Who are you?  (Read 8886 times)

jackthebear

Re: Who are you?
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2005, 01:33:37 AM »

jfrigo wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 13:25

Lately, however, since leaving L.A. and trying to create a somewhat more rural lifestyle, I'm experimenting with pulling it back a few percent more and doing some other music/audio related things that are creatively or intellectually rewarding. We'll see if it sticks...

Hey Jay,

Sorry guys to be off topic......but it just came to mind....

If my calculations are correct, Mrs Frigoletto must be either very close to or has given birth. Can you fill us in?

Cheers,

Tony "Jack the Bear" Mantz
Glorified Tape Copy Boy and
Audio Janitor
Deluxe Mastering
Melbourne, Australia
deluxemastering.com.au
+61 419234100
Facebook | twitter | MySpace

bblackwood

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2005, 06:03:44 AM »

jfrigo wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 22:25

Didn't we have a similar thread just recently?

No, though Alan did start a topic about rates and I had one about whether or not people should/do charge more for the 'majors'.

Do try to keep up...
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

xonlocust

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2005, 11:48:42 AM »

0/part time.

making money in the music business? how do you do that?! Smile

i have a day job and am also in 2 indie bands and manage to freelance engineer when not touring/at the job.  the money i make in audio is grossly offset by the money i lose in it. i primarily lurk here to learn and see what i can do better on my end to help you on yours. i highly value the expertise of someone with much more experience than myself.

jfrigo

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2005, 10:49:34 PM »

bblackwood wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 03:03

jfrigo wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 22:25

Didn't we have a similar thread just recently?

No, though Alan did start a topic about rates and I had one about whether or not people should/do charge more for the 'majors'.

Do try to keep up...

Brad,
Trying to keep up, but you know how tough it is...   Smile

Jerry Tubb (JayTea) started a thread on June 20 '05 titled "only mastering"

Ronny,
Yeah, moved again. Actually not that many; from Atlanta to L.A. in '99, and now to Boston. But they are loooong moves... and for this one you'll have to talk to the Mrs. She followed me around for a bunch of years for career reasons, and I can't fault her for wanting to start a family, and doing it out of L.A. and near relatives.  At some point family becomes more important, and I'm happy to have reached that point.

Which brings us to...

Tony,
Yes, less than a month left! We're in the home strentch, and as expected with any expecting parents, we're excited. We're setting up the nursery and generally getting ready. You know I'll be posting all kinds of silly pictures when the time comes. Thanks for asking!

johnnywiz

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2005, 11:04:51 PM »

40% part-timer w/a "day" job. While 100% of my income used to come from audio, mixing FOH for los lobos, the Band, del Fuegos and Morphine, I now program ecommerce sites since I quit touring in order to fund my Mastering habit.

jfrigo wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 22:49

...and now to Boston.

Looks like I'll never get off the ground with friggin frigo moving back to town.  Mad  j/k
JohnnyWiz
"What's with all these people who think that intonation is overrated?" JJB

jazzius

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2005, 09:23:54 AM »

100% at the moment, but hoping to get it down to 50/50 within a couple of years (trying to get into music for advertising / production)

PookyNMR

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2005, 12:36:47 PM »

100% music.  Ratio depends on the season - Studio vs. live musician

I'm a mix guy - no mastering here.
Nathan Rousu

Allen Corneau

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2005, 11:16:58 AM »

I'm about 95% mastering and 95% audio income.

I'll used to do some freelance audio work for video production and I let it go when I got into full-time mastering. However, if things are slow I'll pick up the occasional job if they call.

Also, I work at the local indoor climb gym on Sundays and then Wednesday evenings for the "Climbing 101" class. I've been teaching climbing for about 7 years now and I love it just as much as my mastering. The income is pretty negligible but I get to climb for free! Very Happy
Allen
---
Allen Corneau
Mastering Engineer
Essential Sound Mastering
www.esmastering.com

OldSonic

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2005, 03:12:45 PM »

100\100 here...
Andrey Subbotin

Ronny

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2005, 03:13:56 PM »

Allen Corneau wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 11:16

I'm about 95% mastering and 95% audio income.

I'll used to do some freelance audio work for video production and I let it go when I got into full-time mastering. However, if things are slow I'll pick up the occasional job if they call.

Also, I work at the local indoor climb gym on Sundays and then Wednesday evenings for the "Climbing 101" class. I've been teaching climbing for about 7 years now and I love it just as much as my mastering. The income is pretty negligible but I get to climb for free! Very Happy

Climbing is a step up from mastering.
------Ronny Morris - Digitak Mastering------
---------http://digitakmastering.com---------