R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will i get Better results with protools Hd  (Read 3800 times)

dongle

Will i get Better results with protools Hd
« on: August 20, 2005, 10:16:53 AM »

Hi guys, i was wondering if anybody out there could give a couple of answers, im using a 002 rack, im thinking about getting Hd, can anybody tell me weather i can expect better results and stability. Also, when i bounce with the 002, the result doesn't seem to sound the same as the real-time playback, and i put this down to the system not being able to cope effectively with the plugins effective enough to give a proper response. I am aware that the ad/da and pres in the hd systems are better so ill be in front there, but  
is the 48 bit fixed precision goin to make a difference. Id love to here from someone who has experience with hd. And id also love to here what other alternatives i have. For tracking and mixing, mastering. Also im under the impression that Hd is the best digital system, am i misinformed. Thanks guys. Razz

Revolution

Re: Will i get Better results with protools Hd
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 10:40:31 PM »

Hi
Don't know if this helps as I have never used 002 but when I first bought my HD rig I imported some files that I recorded on my Fostex 2424 via optical outs.
Previously mixed on Yamaha 02r.
Played files back on HD rig and difference in audio quality was quite prominent.
Quite an expensive upgrade but if you can afford it go for it.

David Wilson
------------

dongle

Re: Will i get Better results with protools Hd
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 07:02:42 PM »

Thanks rev,
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.