R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mastering Demystified policy - read before posting!  (Read 27671 times)

bblackwood

Mastering Demystified policy - read before posting!
« on: August 18, 2005, 09:00:20 PM »

Because we are striving to make this place better all the time, I am no longer allowing anyone to post under screen names - if a person is unwilling to put his/her first and last name under a post (or as their username or in their profile), it's not worthy for this forum and will be deleted. This is a professional forum, there are many on the internet that will allow all sorts of behavior, but here I expect us to act in a professional manner. Well, most of the time, anyway...

In rare instances where good reason can be given, I will allow a poster to continue posting under his screen name after giving me their real name.

If you are reading this because your message was deleted, feel free to repost it adding your real name to the post or adding it to your sigfile.

Of course, all previous rules are still in effect - no personal attacks, etc. Keep it clean and professional.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Jerry Tubb

Re: New policy - all posters read...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 12:22:53 AM »

class move Brad... high kudos !

BTW... any relation to the Blackwood Brothers of Elvis' fame?
Terra Nova Mastering
Celebrating 20 years of Mastering!

bigaudioblowhard

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 01:19:04 PM »

AND NO MORE FART JOKES ! ! !

rdolmat

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 07:39:09 PM »

Good idea.

Cheers
rich

Bodyslam

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 11:16:02 PM »

I'm glad to see you implement this policy.
Paul Stubblebine

<a href="http://www.paulstubblebine.com" target="_blank">http://www.paulstubblebine.com</a>

Bob Olhsson

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 06:32:25 PM »

I hope you will be aggressive about this. I can understand the desire to rant anomonously like mixerman but it's been a long time since I've seen anything very profound from an ananomous poster other than him.

People can rant ananomously on the MARSH board. Of course they run the risk of somebody ranting ananomously right back at them.

bblackwood

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 08:58:01 AM »

Bob Olhsson wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 17:32

I hope you will be aggressive about this.

I will.

There will be occasional exceptions made, but they will be rare. If someone is unwilling to post their name with their comments, I'm not sure their comment has any merit at all - I stand behind everything I've ever said, even if I've changed my opinion on it - I said it with honesty at the time.

Also, as this is a new policy, it will take some time to inform all of the posters of it. Ater about a week I'm going to start deleting every post without a name somewhere...
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Roundbadge

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 01:56:01 AM »

good stuff
Hunter F. C.

MASSIVE Mastering

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 09:26:25 AM »

I wish every forum had a rule like that...  
John Scrip
Massive Mastering - Chicago (Schaumburg / Hoffman Est.), IL - USA

lofi

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2005, 03:48:52 AM »

Embarassed I don't agree  Embarassed

"If a person is unwilling to put his/her name under a post, it's not worthy for this forum and will be deleted."

"If someone is unwilling to post their name with their comments, I'm not sure their comment has any merit at all - I stand behind everything I've ever said, even if I've changed my opinion on it - I said it with honesty at the time."

me too. I just cherish my privacy.. but hey it's YOUR forum and YOU are the boss - nobody questions that  Razz

...I just think that it's good that some posts & opinions are not "branded" by someones name... of course - bad posts should get deleted (named or not).

"It is recommended that you do not reveal any personal or identifying information in your profile. All information will be viewable by other forum members."

...maybe I misunderstood something...

lofi (dennis jarnige)

peace  Cool

Ronny

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2005, 07:04:10 AM »

lofi wrote on Sun, 28 August 2005 03:48

Embarassed I don't agree  Embarassed

"If a person is unwilling to put his/her name under a post, it's not worthy for this forum and will be deleted."

"If someone is unwilling to post their name with their comments, I'm not sure their comment has any merit at all - I stand behind everything I've ever said, even if I've changed my opinion on it - I said it with honesty at the time."

me too. I just cherish my privacy.. but hey it's YOUR forum and YOU are the boss - nobody questions that  Razz

...I just think that it's good that some posts & opinions are not "branded" by someones name... of course - bad posts should get deleted (named or not).

"It is recommended that you do not reveal any personal or identifying information in your profile. All information will be viewable by other forum members."

...maybe I misunderstood something...

lofi (dennis jarnige)

peace  Cool

Why would anyone that wants to participate in discussions, hide who they are? The problem is the trolls that pop in, nobody knows who they are and they don't worry about the manner in which they post, often stirring up trouble and not answering questions brought to them to explain their voodoo claims. I personally feel that anonymous posting gives some people free reign to post any cockamammy thing they want, with no recourse for their actions.
------Ronny Morris - Digitak Mastering------
---------http://digitakmastering.com---------