R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft Ghost Midi Faders/track arming with Pro Tools  (Read 3155 times)

Benmrx

Soundcraft Ghost Midi Faders/track arming with Pro Tools
« on: August 10, 2005, 10:46:08 PM »

So I believe I'm about to purchase a Ghost 24ch. with the mute automation and meterbridge.  It's at the studio right now, and I'm getting a chance to check it out first.

I never realized it before, but in addition to the mute automation, the first 4 subgroups double as MIDI faders, and there's a basic transport (play, stop, etc.), and the ability to arm tracks for record enable in banks of 4.

Has anyone got these features to work with Pro Tools?  I'm fairly positive that I can at least use Pro Tools to send program changes to trigger mute scenes, but not sure if it will work as a MMC Master with Pro Tools as the slave.  

I've never delved into these parts of Pro Tools before, untill now I've only used it for audio tracks, no midi or controllers of any kind.

Right now I'm using a Mac on OS9 with a DIGI001.  I'll be upgrading to at least a DIGI002 or possibly a used MIX system.  But that's a few months down the road.

Hopefully someone out there is using there Ghost in this way.  

NelsonL

Re: Soundcraft Ghost Midi Faders/track arming with Pro Tools
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 10:52:59 AM »

I've been wondering this myself-- I currently have my 002R hooked up to a Ghost at a friends studio.

If I get a chance to try it out I'll let you know.

Benmrx

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 08:02:13 PM »

please do.  I looked in the MIDI Controllers window, and there are some options for things like the Mackie HUI and some others, maybe on of those will work.

I also think that it would be wise to have timecode printed on a track in pro tools, and have that return to the ghost for a better lock up, instead of just depending on midi.

Also.......I noticed that my Digi001 has a Sony 9-pin connector...I don't think the 002 has this.....is that for ADAT Sync?  Because that's one of the options for the ghost.

Let me know if you can even get the ghost to talk to the 002 at all, even if it's just the transport controls that work.

mtw00

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 02:30:07 PM »

I've had limited success getting the MMC stuff with my ghost working with a Digi001.

I got play, record, and "return to zero" working, however I can't arm record tracks.  This was with version 6.0 or so.  I've recently upgraded to the latest version (6.4c?).  I'll play around with it this weekend and post back with the results.

Bill_Urick

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 11:08:28 PM »

The 9 pin connector on the 001 is made to interface with the 9 pin connector on the Mackie HUI.

That is.....neither of them actually do anything.
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

Benmrx

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 07:17:08 PM »

"The 9 pin connector on the 001 is made to interface with the 9 pin connector on the Mackie HUI.

That is.....neither of them actually do anything"

Well that sure is lame.  

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 17 queries.