R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone Use This Phoenix Connector Before?  (Read 1869 times)

The Diz

Anyone Use This Phoenix Connector Before?
« on: November 02, 2006, 08:54:42 PM »

Hi everybody.   I just got this whirlwind splitter, and it came (new) with no documentation.  it has this connector called a "phoenix connector" that I'm having problems with figuring out how to use.  i guess that it is a solderless connection, but other ones that i've found on the net have a small screw for attaching.  this one just has the little orange tab, that i haven't tried really missing with in case i break it.  

just wondering if anyone has any experience with this.  i'm attaching a picture, and i know that it's kind of fuzzy, but my camera won't let me get close enough to get a good pic.  

and Dave, if you happen upon this, i wanted to say hello.  the last time i saw you i had just had my interview with rose at the record plant.  not too long after leaving conway.  hope things are going well.

Thanks all.

J.D. Andrewindex.php/fa/3664/0/

Andy Peters

Re: Anyone Use This Phoenix Connector Before?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 01:05:43 AM »

The Diz wrote on Thu, 02 November 2006 18:54

Hi everybody.   I just got this whirlwind splitter, and it came (new) with no documentation.  it has this connector called a "phoenix connector" that I'm having problems with figuring out how to use.  i guess that it is a solderless connection, but other ones that i've found on the net have a small screw for attaching.  this one just has the little orange tab, that i haven't tried really missing with in case i break it.  

Phoenix ("Euroblock") connectors are quite common on install gear.

There's a slot for each connection where you insert your wire, and a screw that clamps down on the wire.  If you can't fit the wire in the slot, loosen the screw until you can.

You can also buy ferrules that you crimp onto the wire end, which makes for a more-secure connection.

-a
"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

The Diz

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 02:12:53 AM »

All of the connectors that i've seen elsewhere have a screw to clamp the wire down, but this one has no screws.  the only part that seems to be moving, even though i haven't gotten it to move yet, is the little orange piece in the middle.  my guess is that you put the wire in the hole at the bottom, and then do something to the orange part, and that's it.  other than that i'm not sure...

ssltech

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 03:25:55 PM »

I think the orange bits may be sprung, like the speaker connections on the back of some hi-fi amps, but much smaller...

You lift (or push) on the orange bit then insert the wire and let go... if this is indeed the case... Have you nasked Whirlwind?

Keith
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

The Diz

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 01:14:53 AM »

alright, got the info.  John from Whirlwind was able to get me the help.

"The connector is wired by pressing down on the orange spring with a
small flat head screwdriver. Strip a small tip of the wire and set this
in the slot, making sure not to catch the insulation in the clip. Let up
on the orange spring, and the wire will be held in place, give it a
light tug to make sure it's secure."

thanks for the time.

jd
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 20 queries.