R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCI ALIII problem  (Read 1365 times)

drumsound

MCI ALIII problem
« on: July 29, 2005, 10:27:43 AM »

So a couple weeks ago I had a problem with me tape shields not going down and the machine not going into fast wind.  I took some good advice from the forum and (I believe) figured out the problem, or at least narrowed it down and have a temp fix going on and next when I have a bit of time I'm going to really suss it out.

At the end of a session Wednesday the problem came back so after the client left I opened up the format and tilted the deck and checked some things.  While moving the deck plate the big multi-pin connectors on the back of the deck came undone.  I reconnected them, but now only the top half of the ALIII works.  I can set locate times and use the locate function, but the transport controls don't work.  So I can locate from the ALIII, but I have to hit play from the deck.  

Could this be something as simple as bulbs or is it something deeper?

Thanks

Brian Roth

Re: MCI ALIII problem
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 12:05:17 PM »

There are two "Jones" connectors and multicore cables that tie the remote to the transport.  Both of the Jones connectors plug into the rear of the transport....inspect both plugs and the internal wiring.

Bri

Brian Roth Technical Services
Oklahoma City, OK
www.BrianRoth.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 20 queries.