R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio files out of sync when importing tracks  (Read 1339 times)

bloodstone

Audio files out of sync when importing tracks
« on: July 26, 2005, 06:08:45 AM »

I recently got a SCSI controller card for my PC, and am using the Storcase system to access MX2424 SCSI drives from my PC. When I try to import audio files into Cubasis or Cubase, the basic tracks I recorded are all in sync with one another, but the overdubs are all out of sync. All tracks are in sync with one another when I'm working from within the MX. Please help/explain.

I called Tascam today. They claimed that Cubasis doesn't support the importation of time code. They advised if it did, when I imported the audio I would get pop-ups asking if I wanted to use the original timestamp (I'm not getting any pop-ups), and the files would line up. On their suggestion, I downloaded a Cubase demo and am still experiencing the same issue.

Is this a typical problem when you're importing audio files, or is there a workaround other than manually lining up the tracks?  Is there a better software to use when working in this type of environment?  Thanks for any assistance.

bloodstone

Re: Audio files out of sync when importing tracks
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 09:25:47 AM »

I figured it out.  Because I punched the overdubs in and out to save drive space, I do not have a contiguous wave file and the overdub audio has different start and stop times as compared with the basic tracks, which were recorded all together with the same start time.

By doing this, I threw off the sync.  I was able to convert the project to tape mode and then with contiguous wave files everything was hunky dory.  I can now import the stuff into Cubasis or Cubase or whatever with no problem, everything in sync.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 16 queries.