R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To Close for comfort  (Read 1812 times)

John Ivan

To Close for comfort
« on: July 14, 2005, 10:09:58 PM »

So, My wife just came home from the Hospital last night and thankfully, the Grape fruit sized syst they took from her was NOT cancer. They thought for a moment that she may have Ovarian Cancer. Thank God, she is well.

OK, so all is well ,right? Yeah,, kinda.. We get home and she falls fast asleep ,as does my 7 year old boy. I, of course don't have a show until Saturday and I'm in front of this damn Mac typing away. Out of the dark night comes the sound of Machine Gun fire. kak kak kak kak kak kak ,,,,kak kak kak kak kak kak ..... Lovely.. I check to make sure my family is still alive and then stick my head out the door to see if maybe I can get myself shot.. No Dice.

next thing I know,, There are cops Everywhere. six cars out front and an SUV blocking each street on either side of us..We don't smoke in the house so, I head out to my front deck to take a puff.. No Dice,,  A uniform tells me to "please stay in your house, we are going to run the dogs" OK,  I don't feel like being eaten by a big German Shepard so, I head into the house,up the stairs and into my half put together mix room,Crack the window open and light one up..

They have the whole block covered with swat lookin' guys and dogs looking for these nut jobs and their toys. I'll be damned, they got both of these guys and took them away to a bad bad place. Hopefully for a long time..

They didn't just leave though,, a bunch of cops stayed behind to look for the guns.. Well, about30 feet from my side door that goes to my deck is my neighbors house. Under his bed room window, in the bushes, are two very big, machine guns. One was an M-16 and the other one was much bigger. The big gun had retractable feet to hold it on the ground while you aim.  NICE!!!

The word on the Street is, this was a gang related shooting. Thankfully, no one was killed but the house down the block  has some holes in it........ What a night it was indeed./

Just thought I would share.
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Loco

Re: To Close for comfort
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 10:23:24 PM »

Brings back some bad memories to me.... I'm glad you and your family are well. It's no fun at all.
Carlos "El Loco" Bedoya

"There's no right, there's no wrong. There's only popular opinion"   Jeffrey Goines
http://www.tukanart.com

Fibes

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 09:57:29 AM »

Glad the wifey is OK and you didn't get caught by a stray.

Machine gun fire is pretty common in my hood. 6 people dead from gang/drug related shootings in two weeks in a ten block radius around the house.  

I was having drinks in the back yard last week and heard several shots from an AK-47. I bet the guy hanging out that it was an AK (identified later on the news) and won a 6 pack. So, now i'm part of the problem.

Keep safe.
Fibes
-------------------------------------------------
"You can like it, or not like it."
The Studio

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist ?id=155759887
http://cdbaby.com/cd/superhorse
http://cdbaby.com/cd/superhorse2

John Ivan

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 10:39:17 AM »

Fibes wrote on Fri, 15 July 2005 08:57

Glad the wifey is OK and you didn't get caught by a stray.

Machine gun fire is pretty common in my hood. 6 people dead from gang/drug related shootings in two weeks in a ten block radius around the house.  

I was having drinks in the back yard last week and heard several shots from an AK-47. I bet the guy hanging out that it was an AK (identified later on the news) and won a 6 pack. So, now i'm part of the problem.

Keep safe.

Yeah , you too,

I am from a small town ,Traverse City Michigan and while I've spent a lot of time in big Cities, It's still hard to take sometimes. The thing that drives me nuts is, the jails are so full of small time dope smokers and non violent  "criminals" that these guys will in all likelihood get out in a few years.,, Man, you would think that if someone fires off a gun in the street that they would be gone for 10 years. Look how many little kids are killed like this every year.. Jeez,, My boy is 7.. It scares me to death.
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

cantgetnosleep

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 01:00:23 PM »

I hear gunfire on a daily basis.  It's not the small arms I worry about, it's the indirect fire.  The mortars and rockets are what can really get you.  But I'm currently in Ramadi and headed to Falluja next week, so I guess that's a little different.  And, at least on the mililtary bases, it has gotten a lot better since the elections.  When I first arrived out here I used to sit outside at night, smoke a cigarette, and listen to the 50 caliber and the Mark 19 grenade launchers thudding away at the perimiter all night.  Sometimes, if it got really bad, we'd go to the bunkers.

It's strange though, I'm planning a vacation to london in a few weeks.  Everybody thought I was crazy for coming over here to work.  I might be in more danger while i'm on vacation in london.

Here's a good story, and true.  I've seen pictures.  A soldier was laying in his bed in his living container reading a magazine and a rocket crashed into his living container on the far side, flew across the room, scraped across his chest, and lodged into the wall locker next to him.  The rocket didn't explode.  The solider was treated for abrasions on his chest, but otherwise he was ok.  The rocket, had it exploded, could have easily killed 10 to 20 people and completely destroyed 5 or 10 living containers.  This kind of thing happens all the time out here because most of the munitions they send in has been buried out in the desert for years and either isn't fused right or is a dud from the heat and exposure.

John Ivan

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 01:19:31 PM »

Hey, that's some balls. I don't know if I could do it. We all wish you the very best of luck and God's Speed.

It must be crazy, I'm Glad to hear you say things have gotten better since the elections.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.