R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Eq tests the results  (Read 4371 times)

Jerry Tubb

Re: Eq tests the results
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2005, 10:23:59 PM »

Alex

Glad to hear you like the Waves Linear Phase EQ's.

They're working for me, good for corrective surgical applications.

And fairly transparent to boot.
Terra Nova Mastering
Celebrating 20 years of Mastering!

TotalSonic

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2005, 10:38:17 PM »

Technotechno wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 02:33

Hi Alex,

definitely check out the voxengo curve and spend a little more time with it. Its not an instant grtification EQ, but bear in mind its a lot more than an EQ. The convultion samples can really add something special to a mix and the limiter is pretty tasty as well.

I have the curve EQ, and the Elephant astering Limiter. Of all the limiters I have used this is the best one imo. The dither and 4 time oversampling function really helps as well.

Smile

I haven't tried the Curve eq - but I did spend some time with "Elephant" - and I have to offer a dissenting opinion.  I was pretty unimpressed with it - to me it's limiting was pretty fairly obvious with lots of undesirable aritifacts - including some noticeable pumping.  Obviously ommv.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

aivoryuk

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005, 07:29:14 AM »

JayTea wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 03:23

Alex

Glad to hear you like the Waves Linear Phase EQ's.

They're working for me, good for corrective surgical applications.

And fairly transparent to boot.

hi jerry

yeah i do really like the waves linear phase and it will be my primary surgical plugin.

for my other plugs im going for the JMS hi res, its good all rounder which can add definition where needed. extremley good value for money i'm glad i tried it.

for my colour one im sticking with my steinberg Q metric, it may be old and only operate at the lower frequencey rates, but it had the sound i liked the most and when pushed still kept control.

These were the main things about these plugins they kept control and i kept coming back to them.

The newer ones that i tried seemed to run before they can walk

thats my opinion of course Smile

carlsaff

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2005, 09:21:14 AM »

TotalSonic wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 21:38

I did spend some time with "Elephant" - and I have to offer a dissenting opinion.  I was pretty unimpressed with it - to me it's limiting was pretty fairly obvious with lots of undesirable aritifacts - including some noticeable pumping.  Obviously ommv.

One of the problems with Elephant is that it has almost too many options. Some of it's settings can introduce the pumping you describe. However, especially in the 2.3 version, you can get very transparent results. The mode you choose makes all the difference (the cheekily named EL3 mode seems most kind to transients).

That said, I've been using UAD's Precision Limiter for 90% of my projects since I purchased it. Elephant is occasionally the better choice, but rarely.

Catalin Truta

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2005, 03:04:10 AM »

is anyone here using HarBal? i'm very interested in your oppinions as i think it's an amazing tool.

Ronny

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2005, 08:38:37 AM »

OMU wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 03:04

is anyone here using HarBal? i'm very interested in your oppinions as i think it's an amazing tool.

I sold all of my mastering gear and use Har-Bal exclusively now.  Laughing
------Ronny Morris - Digitak Mastering------
---------http://digitakmastering.com---------