R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Foo Fighters Record  (Read 3351 times)

j.hall

New Foo Fighters Record
« on: June 13, 2005, 01:51:32 PM »

you can stream the whole record on myspace right now.

i'm a few songs in and digging it.  this band consistently delivers great rock n roll records.  thus far, they haven't stopped doing just that.

spjessop

Re: New Foo Fighters Record
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 07:22:27 AM »

On to DOA now.

Sounds better than the last album so far. Less 'trendy'

Beezoboy

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 07:27:11 AM »

Very cool!

Thanks for the heads up.

Beez

Buzz

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 01:46:39 PM »

Thanks J. I really like No way Back nice tracks

LAter
Buzz

nrosborough

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 02:36:01 PM »

I'm really digging this album.  My one complaint is that during the 1st track on the rock cd, when the drums come in, the snare sounds VERY "sound replacer-ed".  I'm a proponent in sound replacing drum hits when the original just won't do, but this sounds like 1 sample being repeated very high in the center of the mix.  

Anyway, I'm sure everyone's going to hate me for saying blasphemy about the Foo's, but I think that this is a great album with a great opening track that gets knocked down a few notches from the drum mix.
-nathan rosborough

TotalSonic

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 10:26:05 PM »

I think my favorite cut on this one is "Razor" where it's just vox and acoustic guitar - it kind of makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.  I think the whole album is definitely among the best ever as far as Grohl's song writing goes.  

For anyone interested on the details on the mastering for the 4LP vinyl special edition, I posted a thread on Brad's forum at:
http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/5731/2475/?SQ=f 355aef9a4976b1a146a4991b26d2670

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Conner

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 09:05:10 AM »

Man, interesting record for me. I am a big fan, but have not liked the experience of the last couple records. To me it just sounded like a bunch of songs on the same disc. They definitely haven't had a better sounding record since the Colour and the Shape, and haven't had a great record since. This one threw me, I hated it at first because it didn't grab me the way I was hoping it would. But after giving it a few listens, I have found myself sticking up for this record and recommending it to other musicians. It's really catchy, and why I guess it gets better with each listen.
Bravo to all involved...I'm still partial to the Colour and the Shape though! Just so everyone knows where I stand.

-Conner

DJC8902

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 03:16:16 PM »

This record is very good. I enjoyed what i heard on myspace and look forward to checking out the actual sound of this disc. IMHO, the last Foo record was not up to par songwriting wise or fidelity wise. It sounded super squashed and the songs were mediocre at best. Glad to see this band back in good form.

quantumpsych

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 04:17:40 PM »

wow, you guys are gonna hate me for this. i think foo fighters starting sucking after colour and shape. i LOVE raygun and the colour and the shape which is why everything after just pailed in comparison. i don't use the term sell outs cause if you're on a label, you ARE a sell out. i just think grohL stopped caring and got complacent... happens all the time.
- j a s o n | s t e r l e
- myspace.com/quantumpsych

idiophone

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 07:59:01 PM »

I'm digging it, too. I've only given the second disc a cursory listen, but the first one rocks very hard and sounds a lot more open than the squash-fest that was One By One. Several songs on that record (including one of the singles) were completely unlistenable.

My favorites so far are the title track, No Way Out (great riff - why didn't I think of that?) and DOA, especially when those toms come in on the second verse. Dave really sounds confident in his songwriting on that one.

~id
West and Wewaxation

full point

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2005, 09:20:21 AM »

I haven't heard any of the record (or really any of the other ones, for that matter).

But someone told me they cover a Scratch Acid song.....or a part of it.  Is that true?
         [.....`.....]           [.....`.....]

DJC8902

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2005, 12:30:02 PM »

After several more listens I think this record is really great.  Seems like theres a decline in energy as the record progresses but it never completely drops to the bottom, and the decline is not a bad one. DOA is one of the best FOO songs I've heard ever. The only negative thing I can say about the way it sounds is that the vocals seem a bit low to me, but the recording has this great "air" to it, not an overly bright air either. I think its in just the right place. Killer tom sounds!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 17 queries.