R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is fletcher banned from recording.org??  (Read 13160 times)

trock

Why is fletcher banned from recording.org??
« on: July 08, 2005, 12:59:28 PM »

Fletcher are you still banned from over there??

i read a post where some you said you had to reply from a friends PC??

if so what happened?? i als read where Kurt complimented Mercenary and you replied so i was kind of confused if you were or weren't

by the way is kurts picture actually kurt?? who the hell posts their own pic??

Fletcher

Re: Why is fletcher banned from recording.org??
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 08:18:16 PM »

Best I can figure it is that Chris [a.k.a. "Bigtree"] still blames me for the Little Dog Audio store portion of the RO site getting shut down.

I had nothing to do with that, Vintage King Dave and Nathan from Atlas were the guys that made that happen [personally I didn't give a shit]... but I was the one who got blamed.

A few weeks later I went to go read the site and it wasn't there.  I wasn't sure what the hell was going on so I re-registered under a different version of my name... and within about 4-5 hours the post was removed and again I didn't even have read permission for the site.

That was right about the time I figured I was banned.

I don't really give two shits as my presence there was more about sharing information than learning... and if they don't think I have something to contribute to the participants of the forum... well I guess they're right.

I am glad to see that Steve Devino is back as a moderator there... I think he's got a lot of great stuff to contribute.  They had lost him for a while but it seems he decided to return which I think is a good thing.

The only real drag to me is that I have to ask friends to post replies for me when there is something M-A related [like we totally screwed the pooch on one guy last week... it was kinda the "perfect shitstorm" where he was emailing one of our people who is on vacation about a product he should have received [that was backordered] and when he went to call he hit us when we lost 6 of our 7 phone lines... like I said, the "perfect shit storm".

Other than that... I still wish them the best of luck and kinda thank them for giving me an hour back to my regular day.

--What would be really interesting is if "Bigtree" would have the testicular fortitude to explain why I was banned... but I don't think that's ever going to happen [due to a lack of the testicles part of the required testicular fortitude]--
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

James Duncan

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 10:39:39 PM »

Although I was not banned, I stopped visiting there at about the same time their on-line store got shut down.

Something I said on another site got read and misinterpreted by a mod, and I was made to look like some kind of turncoat or backstabber. Which is a shame because in reality, I was sticking up for this individual not backstabbing them. Oh well, there is too much drama over there, and lots of "whose side are you on" going on for my tastes.

BTW...there are NO sides in my mind...just paranoia. It is not that important a thing in my life to take sides...its just a forum, but I guess for some, it *is* their life, so they just assume that everyone is either on one side or another...

Too bad, becuase there are lots of great people that hang out there and moderate there...I miss being a regular there.
James Duncan

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
Napoleon Bonaparte

lek

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 12:27:01 AM »

I thought it sucked that Fletcher got banned at recording.org

For whatever reason, I love his replies to questions, etc at recording.org more than on gearslutz or prosoundweb. Some extremely funny shit as well as great information.
don't forget to eat your khao niao

Lek
www.lekmusic.com

trock

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 06:39:16 AM »

i totally agree, since i found this forum i don't go over there much but that is where i descovered Fletcher and between them and gearslutz i researched every post i could find and learned a ton!.

by the way i ask cause they had a post on where people buy gear online and alof of MA positive replies where there, from Kurt also, and i put one up. which led me to finding your "shitstorm" issue.

Boy that was quite alot of crap happening at once :, but in busineess that happens to everyone at one time or another.

Anyway thanks for letting me know, i will spend most of my time here and gearslutz.

thanks!

Johnny B

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 05:31:53 PM »

Only Censorship should be banned.

People all over the world should abhor all forms of Censorship.

Got links, I'd like to see what the ruckus is about.

Even more importantly, are there any useful links.
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality,
they are not certain; as far as they are certain,
they do not refer to reality."
---Albert Einstein---

I'm also uncertain about everything.

WhyKooper

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 08:26:22 PM »

uh..okay I give up.  I don't know much about recording.org, but why did they have an online store and why did it get shut down?  Online stores don't exactly have a lot of overhead or complications.  

What was the deal?  Selling pirated mic stands?  Developed their own line of Behringer clones?  Selling below price-fixed..er, I mean manufacturers national advertised lowest price mandates?  Salespeople wearing creepy white shirts and ties?

Johnny B

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 10:49:15 PM »

Hmmm, maybe it was violating Mr. Blumfield's patents on mustard and ketchup sqeeze bottles.

Any mispellings are purely intentional. Smile

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality,
they are not certain; as far as they are certain,
they do not refer to reality."
---Albert Einstein---

I'm also uncertain about everything.

mmazurek

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 05:18:03 AM »

I went there yesterday (forgat about it for about a year) and didn't find much interesting info.

The 'store' seems to be Guitar-Mart style.

"SLASHED PRICES!... SPECIAL recording.org ONLY! ...SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!... PRICE PRICE PRICE!!!"

...gave me a headache reading through it.

brandondrury

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 08:16:38 AM »

Quote:

I don't really give two shits as my presence there was more about sharing information than learning... and if they don't think I have something to contribute to the participants of the forum... well I guess they're right.

I think they are right, but thanks for all the information you have shared here.  It's much appreciated.

Brandon

Brendan Thompson

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 07:07:09 AM »

Doublehelix wrote on Sat, 09 July 2005 12:39

Although I was not banned, I stopped visiting there at about the same time their on-line store got shut down.

Something I said on another site got read and misinterpreted by a mod

What the hell? What you say on one site has nothing to do with any other site. Some people (that mod, for example) need to get a life, and a clue.
http://home.no.net/nightguy/images/teambunny2.gif

I'm currently out of my mind, please leave a message after the scream...

James Duncan

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 08:48:52 AM »

Brendan Thompson wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 06:07

Doublehelix wrote on Sat, 09 July 2005 12:39

Something I said on another site got read and misinterpreted by a mod

What the hell? What you say on one site has nothing to do with any other site. Some people (that mod, for example) need to get a life, and a clue.

Yeah, it was a shame.

The other forum "incident" was over a year old when the mod finally brought it up in a thread about the closing of their online store, and it took me a while to figure out what the hell he was talking about! When I finally put two and two together and tried to explain myself, he accused me of being a backstabber and two-faced. All this after over a year!!! Talk about holding a grudge!!!

The funny thing was he completely misinterpreted what I said!!!

Of course he never mentioned it to me any other time to clear up the water before that, he just sat there and stewed about it for a year, and then went off on me telling me he knew "which side of the fence I was on"!!! What the...??? Which side of WHAT FENCE??? I don't play that game!

I actually liked and respected the guy, and his comments hit me like a brick from out of left field.

Oh well, water under the bridge at this point...like I said, too much drama, paranoia and taking sides for me over there. I haven't been back since.
James Duncan

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Duardo

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 05:51:51 PM »

I don't post there too much any more because I got tired of spending time typing out what I thought were thoughtful responses only to have them disappear when somone decided a thread was getting out of hand...and the vibe there always struck me as kind of odd.  Someone would post a question, a mod would answer and thirteen people would say "great post!" to the mod...weird.  Lots of double standards as well.

Not to mention that threads' titles kept getting changed so I wasn't getting notifications when there were responses to threads I'd participated in...

I didn't realize that Fletcher had actually been banned though.  Too bad, although all the mods over there ever did was talk about how much better off they'd be if he weren't there, so I'm kind of surprised it didn't happen sooner.

And of course nobody from over there will come over here and say why he was banned...those guys do indeed lack the testicular fortitude to post in forums they can't control (and after Kurt's visit to RAP a while back I can see why).

-Duardo
Duardo Hunter

John Ivan

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 05:59:07 PM »

RAP, wow, I haven't been over there in a while. My News reader is dead as is my CD drive. I have to read it through Google..

I learned a lot reading there...... and More reading here.:-}
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

jimmyjazz

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2005, 06:47:19 PM »

Did Scott Dorsey ever migrate off r.a.p. to a web-based forum?  He was a wealth of information.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.