R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open letter to a liberal (what is the other side really thinking)  (Read 7201 times)

t(h)ik

Re: Open letter to a liberal (what is the other side really thinking)
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2005, 08:23:54 AM »

Please also note that this is my opinion.

I do not claim to be "right"

I am hopefully helping in a constructive way although, I do get emotional like most non-europeans.....joking...

If you respond to my mention of Pat Buchannenen being one of my heroes before reading this post......gotchya...

If I am sitting in a room (not a virtual one) with one the moderators from this forum and state an assertion about music and then have it systematically disassembled I am thrilled that they would spend even a minute on me.

This is not to imply that my taking issue with the statements here is remotely the same except that it is a courtesy.

I would have nothing to gain by shouting any of you down.

And I think the intimacy here is much more constructive than a forum full of cheap shots and sound bytes by random boobs...with ultimatel no investment and no accountability.

Lemme nough broughs

Tik
I used to be self effacing, but I couldn't even do that right....
www.pmtstudios.com

JackJohnston

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2005, 06:53:08 PM »

Liberal and conservative are just groupings of ideas that people adapt to so they can't take a particulr stance without looking deeper into the complex details of issues.

Jack

henchman

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2005, 08:33:49 AM »

sixtiksix wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 05:09

What's wrong with believing in right and wrong?

not right and left....

Each issue we face like:
The Environment
Unemployment
Abortion
The Death Penalty
Totalitarianism
Incompetent and Corrupt World Leaders
Starvation
Disease
Crimes against Children
Crime
Punishment
Over Population
Global Warming
etc...etc...

That's a nice little list.
The problem is, that when you look at the current rightwing government of the US, the one thing fisrt and foremost, is to allow big business to do whatever they want, without any responsibility.
This is why companies like Walmart have thrived, and given so much money to re-elect the likes of GWB.
They want to be able to continue their practices of documented employee abuse, withoiut fear of retribution.

The enormous amount of decent paying jobs that have dissappeared and been replaced with minimum wage paying jobs, is alarming. And it is this type of corporate mentality that will cause more harm to the US in the longrun.

t(h)ik

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2005, 04:47:40 PM »

I totally agree.

All the non-minimum wage jobs being lost must explain that new housing market explosion we just had where builders couldn't put them up fast enough.

Sears Roebuck have been around for, guessing, close to 100 years but they were never blamed for ruining 'merica.  Why is that?

They certainly sold everything.

Hmmmm..Did Sears support the small companies?

Did Sears' store clerks have company cars and expense accounts?

Is propaganda rearing it's ugly head....again?

I was in Nashville recently and bought two leatherman tools and was pricing .300 Win-mag rounds when I paused and looked around at all the people besmocked in Wal-Mart blue.  I couldn't help but notice the complete despair radiating from all of them.  Glancing back down I got a sinking feeling realizing that I pay way too much for ammo in Germany.  And the people in Wal-Mart don't even realize this.  They don't have a chance to see Europe because of president Bush.  I asked one of the guys behind the counter if I could abuse him since he must be used to it by now and he asked me if I was feeling alright.

Is there no documented abuse in small companies?  Could it be that small companies don't pay out million dollar settlements?

You called me an ignorant mother fukker on this very forum, isn't that abuse?

I know, I deserved it though.  Maybe the people at Wal-Mart deserve abuse as well.  Maybe they are right wing mother fukkers and sell too much Federal ammunition.

Think before you stink...

Lemme nough

Don't give up the fight...

Power to the people

Tik

I used to be self effacing, but I couldn't even do that right....
www.pmtstudios.com

weihfool

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2005, 06:58:21 PM »

I think the problem here might be that all of those people you saw wearing Walmart blue might've been working in independently owned and operated small business' and doing much better for themselves just 5 years ago.  Now, of course I'm completely speculating on that, but it's a realistic possibility.

The recent revision of the bankruptcy law is proof positive that a great many of our current crop of republican representatives don't give a damn about the very people who put them in office.  As an individual, you no longer have the protection from creditors and banks that you used to have, but there has been ZERO revision to that law for corporations.  Henceforth, as a person, you have no protection.  As a corporation, it's "business" as usual.  

If you want to solve the problem of our current social/political/economic situation, it all starts at home.  Places like Walmart and Target wouldn't thrive if we Americans didn't demand so much for our money.  I work for a home A/V company and it's amazing how many people call up screaming about how they paid "a lot of money" for their products.  In all reality, if they had any idea how much it costs to build this stuff the RIGHT way, they'd never be able to afford it.  However, everyone wants their piece of the pie and so many people want instant gratification, they eschew quality in favor of getting something easily.  How many products have you purchased, outside of perhaps high end studio/music equipment that are actually MADE in the U.S.???  The reason these corporations get away with shipping all of their labor overseas is that we want more and more for less and less.  

Our problems have way too many facets to say "oh it's all Bush".  Bush is the figurehead and he gives us a nice target to bash on, but if Americans would stop trying to live beyond their means and not listen to the marketing firms regarding what they buy, we might get start getting back on track.  I'm not saying that if you buy anything from overseas that you're a commie or some other meatheaded nonsense.  However, if we all want the U.S. economy to regain strength WE, the PEOPLE should start reinvesting in ourselves.  Pay the extra for a U.S. built product that is of quality, rather than patronizing the low-cost alternative brand that's paying some Chinese vendor to make the product for a third of what they'd pay to make it in the U.S.  Stop making CHINA'S economy and technology stronger by giving it away to them.  I know it's more difficult than the way I put it, but if we don't start at some point, we're going to be a country that doesn't actually export anything tangible.

henchman

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2005, 08:33:06 PM »

sixtiksix wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 13:47

Sears Roebuck have been around for, guessing, close to 100 years but they were never blamed for ruining 'merica.  Why is that?
Tik

Seras didn't force it's suppliers to move their production to cheaper countries, just so they could make a little more money, likw Walmart does.

I'll bet you that Sears also doesn't have as long a list of employee abuse and downright illegal activities like Walmart does.

But, this is all you'll hear from me. You are a typical rightwing neocon, with blinders on.

Try and educate yourself just a tinya bit, before opening your flappy mouth and spouting the kind of nonsense you do.

see yah.

David Schober

« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2005, 08:40:13 AM »

henchman wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 19:33

You are a typical rightwing neocon, with blinders on.

Try and educate yourself just a tinya bit, before opening your flappy mouth and spouting the kind of nonsense you do.

see yah.

Hench, (and all the others to whom the shoe fits)

I've been watching this page from the start.  I'm a conservative...a neocon?  Not even sure what that really means as it's to you all as it's now become a pejorative..but I digress.

I thought about adding my two cents from time to time, but it seemed Tik was handling the thread pretty well himself, and I enjoyed his insight and humor.

What is plain is that Tik has the only one here who conceded any point from anyone else.   It's the supposedly "tolerant" liberals who never gave an inch.  Despite much of it being muckraking and rumor.  I'd imagine you all are thinking, "Well of course he should conceded.  We're right...he's wrong."  If that'd your thought, the problem  lies with you.  If you consider you're not always right, why not say so?  If you did, forgive me, but I didn't find it.

Go reread the thread to find the flappy mouths and nonsense.  The name under whom it's posted may be your own.
David Schober
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 20 queries.