R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crowd Vocals  (Read 1148 times)

Brad Sith

Crowd Vocals
« on: July 18, 2005, 03:53:06 AM »

Hey all,
Just lookin for sugestions on how to create that "crowd is singing the chorus" effect. I tried three of the members in the band standing around a mic. Did this for 7 tracks totalling 21 voices. I tried some verb with 0% source. Doesnt sound right though. If anyone has done one of these any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

Brad D.

Ronny

Re: Crowd Vocals
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 07:44:13 AM »

troll wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 03:53

Hey all,
Just lookin for sugestions on how to create that "crowd is singing the chorus" effect. I tried three of the members in the band standing around a mic. Did this for 7 tracks totalling 21 voices. I tried some verb with 0% source. Doesnt sound right though. If anyone has done one of these any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

Brad D.

To make it sound real, you need to vary the distances from the people to the mic. You also need mediocre voices mixed with less than stellar ones, which means, you need non-musicians to simulate the crowd noise. The bands formants are going to be noticed in the crowd track, if you use the same voices for the crowd that are in the band. It's the contrast from well rehearsed band to unrehearsed crowd that will make it real sounding. Much of the 'real' crowd will be slightly off time and slightly out of pitch.
------Ronny Morris - Digitak Mastering------
---------http://digitakmastering.com---------