R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buzzing in a condensor  (Read 1428 times)

Multoc

Buzzing in a condensor
« on: June 24, 2005, 07:15:06 PM »

I own a pair of the cheap Marshall Electronics MXL 990 condensors. They are really nice mic's with a great sound but almost a touch too much mid range.  Anyway, one of these things slipped through the el' cheapo shockmounts and fell grille first into the carpet. Ever since then I've had a really low frequency buzz show up on the monitor, I myself cannot hear it very well but it's a really low hum when normalized.  I'm not very good with electronics but if someone can help me out with what I can look for to fix this.
Thanks
-Ashton
www.multoc.com

RolandK

Re: Buzzing in a condensor
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 09:49:04 PM »

Its probably just a broken/bad/intermittent solder connection on the circuit board. If you are good with this type of work, take the mic apart, inspect the board, and touch up the connections. I just fixed an Oktava MK012 with the same problem.
my band: Mission 5

Multoc

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 06:44:31 AM »

I=Terrible with circuitry but two of the guys in my band know what they're doing (one is an x-ray technition, another works on circuit boards for metal density machines) Thanks alot!
-Ashton

hargerst

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 08:41:32 PM »

And you can always send it in to MXL, who will fix it under their three year warranty.
Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio

Multoc

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 12:08:48 PM »

Hey thanx Harvey I'm gonna get right on that! (last time I order anything from Musicians Friend, tthey're my enemy, everything I get from them is either crappy or breaks on its own)
-ashton
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 16 queries.