R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro Tools HD.. very expensive blinkin tat??  (Read 1045 times)

George_

Pro Tools HD.. very expensive blinkin tat??
« on: June 22, 2005, 09:17:54 AM »

A friend told me (yeah, there are a lot of storys beginning by "Someone told me... ".. but I trust him) he was in a studio as a producer for a recordingsession (normally people go to a studio to eat pizzas.. ay..).

All was running fine but then without any warning the pro tools HD stack (by the price of 2 Rolls Royce Fantom for shure) began to blink and an alarmtone rang.

they had to call a technician next day to remove the error!!

Well ok.. maybe protools is a fantastic tool for recording and mixing, but what the hell does a built in alarmfunction in a 700000$ rig witch only a technician from digidesign can remove???

Is this normal or was my friend lying??

Keep respect for where the thread is located: in the Saloon..

so take your guns and shooooot.Smile    
"BORN A ROCKER, DIE A ROCKER"

George Necola

John Ivan

Re: Pro Tools HD.. very expensive blinkin tat??
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 12:30:31 PM »

Some years back, I was working a session at a room in Traverse City MI. and the analog machine started spilling tape all over the floor.

I was printing to my DA-88's and the middle machine of the three went nuts and stopped all together.

I was mixing on an old  "British" mixer a couple years ago and smoke started pouring out of the master section. Talk about your alarm.

I'm not that big a fan of the Pro Tools world myself but plenty of people are and they get fine results in many cases. Gear just breaks sometimes. In the old days, folks were running pro tools rigs on NUBUS mac's and THAT was something to see!! Maybe it was just our own stupidity but we rarely made it through a session with out a problem back then.Part of the problem might have been running Studio vision Pro along side..

The point I'm making is, nothing is perfect. There are people running PT rigs that just don't crash and there are people running PT rigs that barely work. .Nothing new here....
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 17 queries.