R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Duplication in NYC  (Read 1188 times)

Ruairi O'Flaherty

CD Duplication in NYC
« on: June 20, 2005, 11:35:08 AM »

Hi all,

I just finished doing a little work with a client who is travelling to NYC on Thursday.  He wishes to get 1000 cds duplicated with print when he arrives.  Can anyone recommend a good value, reliable, centrally located cd manufacturer in NYC?

cheers,
Ruairi

TotalSonic

Re: CD Duplication in NYC
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 12:32:26 PM »

Ruari -
Depends on the turn time your friend needs.  The CD/DVD replication plant which houses the mastering studio I work at - Europadisk http://www.europadisk.com - can offer the finest quality in pressed & silkscreened discs for very low pricing and is a 10 minute subway ride from midtown Manhattan.  Our turn rime currently is around 2 weeks for discs, and about 4 weeks if you need a complete package with jewel cases & printed inserts, or CD jackets or digipacks.

You can pm me at steve at europadisk dot com or call 800-455-8555 x 325 or 718-407-7325 for a quote.

If you're in more of a rush due to a limited stay you can get CD-R's with thermal printing done quickly (i.e. in 2-3 days) in Manhattan at places like RLL Sound Labs or the Engine Room http://www.engineroomaudio.com/.  If your friend picks up the Village Voice while he is here there is a classified section called "Clef Notes" that lists a number of other places that offer similar services that he could also get quotes from.

The disadvantages of the quick turn CD-R services is that they generally cost more per unit, are not 100% compatible for every player, and the on-disc printing is not as high quality as pressed and silkscreened CD's.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Ruairi O'Flaherty

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 04:25:30 PM »

Hi Steve,

I didn't realise you guys were so close to Manhattan, then again it was exactly relevant to an Irish guy up to now.  I will pass on your details to my client.  I know he is planning on spending 3 months at least in NYC so perhaps the 4 week turn around time will be ok for him.

Is 4 weeks an average turnaround time in the U.S.?  My duplicators here in Ireland usually take about 2 weeks and the clients still want them yesterday!

Thanks for your help,

cheers,
Ruairi

TotalSonic

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 08:36:04 PM »

Ruairi O'Flaherty wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 21:25

Is 4 weeks an average turnaround time in the U.S.?  My duplicators here in Ireland usually take about 2 weeks and the clients still want them yesterday!

Yup - since replicators are the last in the chain to deal with a long list of "slight delays in schedule" we're usually the ones hit hardest with the screams for us to turn on the time reversal flux generation machine.  

Usually we're about a week quicker (i.e. a week for discs and about 3 weeks for complete packages) but right now we've just got a bunch of really large jobs going on at once.  If you already have inserts made or CD label film for the silk screening done already we can certainly get things done for you quicker.   Our turns will probably get quite a bit quicker as we head into end of July and beginning of August as that's usually a quiet time for us.

Best regards,
Steve Berson
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 19 queries.