R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Studio Sends on Topaz  (Read 1266 times)

James Duncan

Studio Sends on Topaz
« on: May 31, 2005, 03:50:17 PM »

Gotta question for you Topaz Gurus...

I have the Studio sends going out to the headphone mix for the studio, and seem to be having a problem assigning the appropiate signal to that Studio bus.

You can assign Main, MonB, CR, Aux1 and/or Aux2. The key words here are "AND/OR", right? Can't I assign multiple signals to the Studio Outs?

Whenever I assign the Control Room feed to the Studio feed, everything else is cut out...I can no longer send talk back, aux sends, etc. It is almost as if the CR sends over ride any other signal.

Is this normal, or should I be able to combine signals?

Thanks!
James Duncan

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
Napoleon Bonaparte

bounce

Re: Studio Sends on Topaz
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 07:59:19 PM »

I'll have to check that. I never use the CR assignment for the studio bus (I use the studio bus for talent phones as well). I imagine the talkback is muted when CR is bussed to the studio for feedback issues when using talkback with your CR speakers on....hmmm...dunno- hafta check that...also, I believe Harvey mentioned that Aux 2 only goes to the Studio bus? I tried this to no avail and can't seem to get anything out of Aux 2. There is another fellow on the Yahoo group I started who has no Aux 2 as well...Anyone?

mckay
McKay Garner
Bounce Inventive Audio
Los Angeles

James Duncan

Re: Studio Sends on Topaz
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 10:28:14 PM »

Apparently (according to Steven M), whenever you route the CR feed to the Studio Outs, it does not allow you to assign any other bus to the Studio. Maybe due to the feedback issues you mention...

I guess this makes sense to a degree...if you have the main and monitor B busses assigned to the CR outs, and then assign that to the Studio outs, you probably don't want to Re-Assign MORE main and/or monitor B sends to the Studio outs, right?
James Duncan

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
Napoleon Bonaparte
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.