R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thermionic and Poyser discussion (was 'Favorite mastering engineer')  (Read 5523 times)

JGreenslade

Gold wrote:
Quote:

I've never seen the Bentley but I figured the Cayenne was for the US market only. I'm sorry it's not. It's like an Escalade for someone who is embarrassed to wear a gold chain and a pinky ring.

LOL!

I wasn't planning on responding to the "Rover debate" (isn’t the Internet wonderful – a thread can deviate from Herb Powers into the demise of UK manufacturing), for fear of abusing Mr Blackwood's forum, but considering the thread has turned into a free-for-all, I'll state my opinion FWIW:

Poyser wrote:
Quote:

Please don’t think I’m trying to argue with you.

Of course... But in all honesty, I would rather you did argue than patronise or insult me.

Quote:

I’m happy for everyone to own their own opinions…

Thanks, you have little idea how much that means to me.

Poyser wrote:
Quote:

Which brings me directly to why I wrote the very words I did, you see, the opinion you have expressed, is the very same opinion that one could read in the tabloid newspapers.

I don't read any newspapers, let alone tabloids. For the record, I consider tabloid journalists to be on a moral-par with drug-dealers and rapists (in fact, they probably create more damage within society). The UK probably has the most venomous, hate-filled paper press in the world.

Poyser wrote:
Quote:

Those practically experienced in life’s complexities will know that things are rarely as simple as newspapers make them.

Thanks for not being pompous or patronising. In case I ever decide to pick up a newspaper, I'd like to thank you in advance for teaching me that "things are rarely as simple as newspapers make them".

Poyser wrote:
Quote:

It sells newspapers to make scapegoats, and deflects attention away from politicians and many culpable individuals, particularly at so politically sensitive a time, two weeks before a General Election.

How do you make a scapegoat from a newspaper, is it an origami technique?

Are you telling me that Sir Digby Jones of the CBI is trying to sell newspapers? Taken from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4574603.stm
Quote:

Sir Digby Jones, director general of the CBI, commented: "I find it appalling that you can supervise failure... and take what everybody seems to be saying is about
Audio is a vocational affliction

"there is no "homeopathic" effect in bits and bytes." - HansP

PP

For Justin...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 01:40:29 PM »

PP

For Justin......
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 02:05:21 PM »

JGreenslade

Ok, I did deviate off-topic in the thread, but let me ask this: do I make a daily habit of posting meandering, 1,000 word off-topic posts, potentially giving people scroll-induced RSI on a regular basis? Regularly jumping into discussions with 1,000 word off-topic posts is mildly sociopathic IMHO.

Aside from the Rover argument, every rebuttal within your post is strictly ad-hominem Peter, and as usual, you do nothing to refute the individual criticisms I made.

Anyone who reads the original post will see a pattern of patronising and pompous behaviour:   http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/m/0/5365/48/998/? SQ=013c12997130f3169a5b623b6a120c34

Quote:

Everyone knows, Brad Blackwood especially, that I have done all I can to retain and encourage far higher standards within the REP Forums.

Forum members can read the above statement and generate their own opinion.

I find it unlikely that I'll be back to this thread – you know what they say about arguing on the Internet...

My sincerest apologies for causing the moderator hassle.

Justin
Audio is a vocational affliction

"there is no "homeopathic" effect in bits and bytes." - HansP

PP

Loco

Re: Thermionic and Poyser discussion (was 'Favorite mastering engineer')
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 06:36:20 PM »

Not having enough with 1000 words posts... now 1000 smiles? Cut the BS, Peter. Save the bandwidth.
Carlos "El Loco" Bedoya

"There's no right, there's no wrong. There's only popular opinion"   Jeffrey Goines
http://www.tukanart.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up