R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A public apology of my own.  (Read 5507 times)

PaulyD

A public apology of my own.
« on: May 25, 2005, 08:13:40 PM »

There is a thread here that inexplicably (to me) took on a very unfriendly tone. Hoping to lighten things up, I posted a reply that was meant to be humorous. It wasn't all intended to be humor though. I was serious about part of it and it was meant to be on-topic. It was not appreciated and prompted another forum member (whose professional achievements are remarkable) to refer to me as a "goofball" who had "hijacked" the forum.

I have been posting a lot lately and, for the record, I am a goofball. I admit it. Despite my goofy sense of humor, please understand I am very serious about audio.

Anyway, I am genuinely sorry to anyone here I have ever offended. I didn't mean to detract from this forum's professional value. If/when I participate here anymore I will do so with careful consideration.

Regards,

Paul

compasspnt

Re: A public apology of my own.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 09:55:35 PM »

Paul D wrote on Wed, 25 May 2005 20:13

If/when I participate here anymore I will do so with careful consideration.

Nicely said, Paul.  I'm not exactly sure which thread you're referring to, but I would say please do continue to participate...with careful consideration.

henchman

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 10:46:04 PM »

I don't care if some people get offended by some  of the things I post.  
I really don't.

As long as you don't mind receiving what you hand out, I see no reason to hold back too much.

Wire

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 12:04:56 AM »

No need to apoligze to anyone on here.  

I don't know what post or who you are refering to, but if they have a stick in their butt and can't take a joke they should be the one leaving.  

Don't let it bother you, there are jerks everywhere even on PSW.

MB

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 04:12:36 AM »

Well at least your apology was brief...

ted nightshade

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 08:05:08 AM »

I walk away from this chatty cathy gizmo now and again with my heart rattled from some vibe I encountered flying across the ether...

So I know how ya feel.

I find making a fool of oneself in public builds character!
Ted Nightshade aka Cowan

There's a sex industry too.
Or maybe you prefer home cookin'?

joelgtrnut

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 09:59:09 AM »

Don't worry about it man.

THIS IS THE INTERNET! If people are getting offened over a post on a message board, then they need to chill out and quit being such pussies. I always take everything people say with a grain of salt online. No matter how deep of an arguement I get with someone online, I'd still sit down and have a beer with them in real life at the end of the day.

jimmyjazz

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 10:50:11 AM »

Regarding the "don't worry about it" line of thinking . . .

This is George's forum, and he has left forums in the past due to the ugliness of some participants (among other things).  I know most of us value George's input, and I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect that we all aim a little higher than the standard base level of internet behavior.

That said, I appreciate Paul's apology.  Don't know what he's referring to, but I hope those who do accept what he's saying and that all move on.

Wire

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 04:16:47 PM »

Begining the argument!! haha

jimmyjazz: I think you are right about us valuing a respected engineers opinion. But we have to do it on our knees?  Come on you can be a professional and have fun and say stupid stuff.

And also why do you appriciate someones apology if it wasn't toward you and you don't even know what it's about. Wahhhhh

Ok I am going to go punch the wall and slit my own tires, because of this thread! Smile

PP

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 05:08:29 PM »

thedoc

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005, 10:09:08 PM »

Well, you can say all that again....ha ha.
Doc

jimmyjazz

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 09:56:35 AM »

wire wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 16:16

jimmyjazz: I think you are right about us valuing a respected engineers opinion. But we have to do it on our knees?  Come on you can be a professional and have fun and say stupid stuff.

Of course.  I was speaking more of flamewars and other standard internet fare.

Quote:

And also why do you appriciate someones apology if it wasn't toward you and you don't even know what it's about. Wahhhhh

I simply appreciate the fact that Paul realized he might have contributed to something that could drag this forum down, and took positive actions to stop that from happening.

Wah.

(Heh.)

PaulyD

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 02:32:03 PM »

Hey all,
thanks for the encouragement. The thread in question was edited by the mods. I was not involved in the nasty part of it. I was only guilty of being a dork.

The other person I was referring to PM'ed me and apologized. They said their comments weren't aimed at me per se. They were just generally concerned for nature of the thread as a whole. It was just a misunderstanding.

Cheers,

Paul

Loco

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2005, 05:55:50 PM »

MB wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 04:12

Well at least your apology was brief...

Twisted Evil
Carlos "El Loco" Bedoya

"There's no right, there's no wrong. There's only popular opinion"   Jeffrey Goines
http://www.tukanart.com

Bill Mueller

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005, 08:36:07 PM »

joelgtrnut wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 09:59

THIS IS THE INTERNET! If people are getting offened over a post on a message board, then they need to chill out and quit being such pussies. I always take everything people say with a grain of salt online. No matter how deep of an arguement I get with someone online, I'd still sit down and have a beer with them in real life at the end of the day.

Dear Joel,

Yes, but not really. This is where George Massenburg and a group of esteemed audio professionals retreated from a blizzard of ill will and harsh language to discuss professional music production. Outside is the INTERNET. In here we all use our own names and treat each other like we know each other and will meet someday at an AES dinner. Folks just starting out in the industry get to ask questions, eavesdrop and learn from some remarkable experts. Without a strong sense of decorum, this hospitable environment that encourages openess will quickly evaporate. It was not that long ago that a senior studio engineer would not tell you squat about how he got his snare drum sound. Those utterances are gold in your pocket. Savour them.

Peter, I have been out of touch lately because I'm finishing my game. Nice to read your posts again.

Best Regards,

Bill
"Don't take it personally. But this shit is a science." J.J.Blair

“The Internet is only a means of communication,” he wrote. “It is not an amorphous extraterrestrial body with an entitlement to norms that run counter to the fundamental principles of human rights. There is nothing in the criminal or civil law which legalizes that which is otherwise illegal simply because the transaction takes place over the Internet.” Irish judge, Peter Charleton
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.