R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro Audio shops in Los Angeles ?  (Read 1078 times)

KlausWaffe

Pro Audio shops in Los Angeles ?
« on: May 22, 2005, 05:32:30 pm »

Hi Hepcats !

I am going to LA in a short while, and I could use a pointer or two as to where to shop for gear....

I am looking for AD\DA boxes...preamps...microphones...Compressors..EQ's  etc...

any adress...link \ url..whatever is deeply appriciated...

or if you could even reccomend a dealer in the area ! Woah !

cheers !
k
<jsCLASS> lets talk about my johnson
<Mercster> small talk, eh?
<jsCLASS> fuck
<jsCLASS> owned

danickstr

Re: Pro Audio shops in Los Angeles ?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 06:21:45 pm »

coast recording 323-462-6058
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

analog Tom

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 12:28:14 am »

This place is littered with 'pro audio' shops.  Where will you mostly be?  It usually easiest to do business with places which are convenient to your work site.  

I'm not a fan of Coast, although they certainly have some stuff.  

Generally, if you know what you want, you get the best prices at the music retailers, once you've established a relationship with them.  Everyone likes to diss them, but GC and SA can sell you the same brand and model as a strictly 'pro' shop, and do it for less.  

I like West L.A. Music, on Santa Monica Blvd. just west of the 405 (but that's in part because its walking distance from my office).  They also have a branch in the Valley on Ventura accross from Universal.  

Less well known places like Audio Services, Coffee Sound and Wilcox Sound in the valley service mostly the film and TV community, but they can be attractive on price for specific items. Westlake Audio (not in Westlake) is pricey but more than competent.  

Keep an open mind and shop around town.  Build a relationship with folks at a few different stores but never feel committed to any of them.  Treat them as you want to be treated.  

Places like Westwood music sell instruments to 'name' artists (don't bother folks for autographs if you meet them in the store).  Although it's mostly an instrument house, they always have very good gear on consignment.  There are other places around town with the same situation.  

Cordially,
Tom

KlausWaffe

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 03:42:06 am »

Thanx !

Mind you, I have never been in LA. I'm a European.

I am not staying more than a couple of weeks, so thats
maybe not enough time to really engage in a 'relationship' with any store... but I see what you're getting at !

I'll check up on your suggestions

k
<jsCLASS> lets talk about my johnson
<Mercster> small talk, eh?
<jsCLASS> fuck
<jsCLASS> owned
Pages: [1]   Go Up