R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new room phase 4....I hope one more to go!  (Read 3192 times)

Ed Littman

new room phase 4....I hope one more to go!
« on: May 22, 2005, 05:27:54 PM »

OK ,were into the 5th phase this week. In the 4th phase we just finished all the acoustical treatment minus wraping the panels with fabric. This will happen when all the materials come in & were finished with the flooring.
This week after installing the parquet & carpet I'll start moving in!!! Shocked  Very Happy After the trim is put up we'll finish up the smaller new room, & i'm sure this summer we'll finish the outside to the smaller room & roof.
Thanks for looking,
Ed

http://mfr1.org/ym/link/studio/phase4
http://mfr1.org/ym/link/studio/phase3
http://mfr1.org/ym/link/studio/phase2
http://mfr1.org/ym/link/studio

lucidwaves

Re: new room phase 4....I hope one more to go!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 10:17:19 AM »

Hi Ed,

Couple questions: Are you using rigid fiberglass for your clouds or is that some kind of acoustic partical board?  I cant really tell from the pictures.  Also are you using any filler inside the clouds?

Thanks
~Aaron Hall~
www.lucidwaves.com

jthoen

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 10:59:15 AM »

hey Ed

everything looks great.  Its always nice to see the photos of the progress!  quick question regarding the 703.  It looks like you have them a bit off the wall with pegboard on the front and back.  Cant tell for sure.  What is the benefit to the pegboard?  Also are the front corners bass trapped too?
thanks
joe

Ed Littman

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 06:50:50 PM »

the clouds & back screen are made of Tectum, a wood product that looks like frosted mini wheats. for those who went to berklee in boston it's the same stuff in the practice rooms. i stuffed r19 into the cavity

There are 3 types of panels on the walls that sit on 3/4 furring strips. type "A" is backed with pegboard & the 703 is the face. type "B" is the same construction but the pegboard is the face. & type"C" is partical board on the face with no insulation.
fabric will be stretched over all the panels after the floor is done. The front & back corners of the room are built in bass traps with "A" panels on the framing. the different hardness's on the front of the panels reflect & absorb different frequencies. i hope ther'e correct cuz when George Augspurger come in to test the room he may exchange a panel or two.

i had a hard time finding owens corning 703, so i found an exact replacment from general insulation 908-353-4900 at 31 cents a sq. ft.

Ed

bblackwood

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 08:19:37 PM »

Looking good, Ed - thanks for the update and keep them coming!
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Jan Folkson

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 08:22:33 PM »

703 is hard to come by.  I used Johns Manville version in my current place.

Looking good Ed!
- Jan Folkson
http://www.janfolkson.com

Noiseless pickups?  What's the point?

jfrigo

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 10:22:03 PM »

Great stuff Ed. Thanks for the pics.  In the next installment, could you take a couple wide shots? I'd be interested to get a more general feel for the space. Can't wait to see it done and hear how you like it. Enjoy!

D Harris

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 08:27:51 AM »

Ed Littman wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 18:50

the clouds & back screen are made of Tectum, a wood product that looks like frosted mini wheats. for those who went to berklee in boston it's the same stuff in the practice rooms..

I'm having flash backs of eartraining classes & plywood cheeseburgers.
Dave Harris
 Studio B Mastering

TotalSonic

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 11:28:12 AM »

D Harris wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 13:27

Ed Littman wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 18:50

the clouds & back screen are made of Tectum, a wood product that looks like frosted mini wheats. for those who went to berklee in boston it's the same stuff in the practice rooms..

hee hee - I remember there was a rumor going round when I was there that the boxes that contained the hamburger meat said "Grade D but fit for human consumption" on them!!   Shocked

Was back in Beantown to play a gig in February and was dismayed to find that what use to be the Cafe Bouquet across the street - whose filafel kept me alive during those years - had turned into a Starbucks.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Ed Littman

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 10:55:28 PM »

D Harris wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 08:27

Yeah in the early 80's i was sick almost every night from the food....but then i'd go across the street to cosmos pizza & then to tc's for some beer. that would straiten me out for the next day.
Thems the days...

mcsnare

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 11:09:40 PM »

Ed,
 Your place looks amazing. I am so jealous. I'm sure the room is gonna sound fantastic. Keep up the good work.
Dave McNair
p.s. I'm in Montclair now....

jfrigo

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005, 12:08:09 AM »

Ed Littman wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 19:55

D Harris wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 08:27

Yeah in the early 80's i was sick almost every night from the food....but then i'd go across the street to cosmos pizza & then to tc's for some beer. that would straiten me out for the next day.
Thems the days...

In my time (late 80's) it was Supreme Pizza across the way. You had to napkin off the grease pools on the pizza, but the chicken cutlet sub was pretty good.

The thing that's gone that I miss is the Ragin' Cajun Dixie Kitchen. That place rocked.

D Harris

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2005, 07:13:51 AM »

jfrigo wrote on Wed, 25 May 2005 00:08

In my time (late 80's) it was Supreme Pizza across the way. You had to napkin off the grease pools on the pizza, but the chicken cutlet sub was pretty good.

The thing that's gone that I miss is the Ragin' Cajun Dixie Kitchen. That place rocked.

I haven't been back in 15 years, I really need to go sometime soon.  Lot's of good memories, and a few really bizarre ones.  I still have dreams that I've gone back for one reason or another, they must have brainwashed us all.
Dave Harris
 Studio B Mastering
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.