R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1st time on Radar  (Read 1144 times)

twonky

1st time on Radar
« on: May 09, 2005, 09:12:43 AM »

Hiya-

I got a chance to spend a few hours messing around on the IZ Radar in the local "big" studio here in Richmond.

I have been recording into my DAW and I really love Samplitude and its editing capabilities and even some of the plugs I use to mix are indispensable to me at this point. I also understand that one can take tracks recorded into the Radar and transport them into a DAW for further editing.

I curently use an Echo Layla as my sound card. Does anyone know if I can track via the Radar's converters into Samplitude?

Thanks for any info

Ian

drumsound

Re: 1st time on Radar
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 12:30:04 AM »

If you computer interface has multi-channel digital I/O you can use the RADAR as your converter.  RADARs can have TDIF or ADAT digital I/O.  I'm mixing a record next week that I'm bringing in a Mac with a 2408.  We're going to go TDIF out of the 2408 into the RADAR and the RADAR converters will feed my console.  

You can also transfer into the computer that way.  Or you can Ethernet files or burn a CD/DVD with .BWF files.  Or you can now format the RADAR SCSI drive to record .BWF and just transfer the drive into a matching SCSI receptor on the computer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 17 queries.